- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
D.W. Fearn LP-1 Line Pad
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 180295 000000000 180295000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The D.W. Fearn LP-1 Line Pad is a two-channel accessory for use with the VT-1 or VT-2 Vacuum Tube Microphone Preamplifiers (#180271 & 180272) that is...Click To Read More About This Product
Take the edge off of your tracks.
The D.W. Fearn LP-1 Line Pad is a two-channel accessory for use with the VT-1 or VT-2 Vacuum Tube Microphone Preamplifiers (#180271 & 180272) that isolates the amplifier from impedance variations of the line. The LP-1 is simply a high-quality bridging-type line pad that accepts line-level inputs (+4 dBm nominal) and produces a mic level output. The actual pad loss is 45 dB. When used in conjunction with the VT-1 or VT-2 Input Pad (-20 dB), it allows the mic preamp to accommodate line-level signals from consumer-level (-10 dBV) to high professional levels (+10 dBm or more).
The LP-1 preamp line pad is packaged in a heavy-duty die-cast aluminum box, painted with the same high-quality red paint and gold silk-screened labels as the other D.W. Fearn products. The Input and Output connectors are gold-contact XLR.
The LP-1 is typically used when the subtle signal-modifying characteristics of the VT-1 or VT-2 are needed on a line-level source, such as a previously recorded track, or at the end of a processing chain. Several LP-1/VT-2 owners use the combination on the overall mix. At least one CD mastering facility uses the LP-1/VT-2 in the mastering chain. The LP-1/VT-2 combination can also often be used to effectively salvage tracks that are otherwise too distorted or "edgy" for master use.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The LP-1 is not a "direct box." In most applications, the LP-1 cannot be used to record an electric or electronic musical instrument such as an electric bass guitar, synthesizer, etc. For direct recording of electric instruments, you need either the D.W. Fearn VT-3 Vacuum Tube DI (#180273), or the D.W. Fearn Passive Direct Box (#180294).
- Two-channel Line Pad
- High-quality bridging-type pad that accepts line-level inputs (+4 dBm nominal)
- Actual pad loss is 45 dB
- Produces a mic level output
- Input and Output connectors are gold-contact XLR
- heavy-duty die-cast aluminum box
- Not designed to be used as a "direct box."
- Requires no power
Pros who can use anything choose D.W. Fearn for the best possible sound.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.