Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
D16 Group Nepheton TR808 Emulation (VST/AU) Software Downloadtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Download After Purchase
D16 Group Nepheton TR808 Emulation (VST/AU) Software Download$109.00
Perfect emulation of the legendary 808 drum machine.
Nepheton has a flexible output configuration allowing the audio signal to be routed to any of the 17 outputs. This allows you the ability to further shape sounds individually or in groups via your favorite plug-ins. Each individual output can be set to mono or stereo, and hardcore 808 fans will appreciate the original Trigger output (configurable as well).
Every instrument also has a Mute, Solo button and Activity LED. Mute will not just silence the sound; it will stop the sound being triggered. Solo will stop all other instruments from being triggered and only allow the selected sound(s) to play.
Nepheton also has extensive MIDI control where MIDI notes can be used to trigger each individual sound. Alternatively, the internal sequencer can also be used. This can be set to play using Nepheton's internal clock or set to synchronize perfectly to the host sequencer. Most of Nepheton's parameters can be automated within the host and also controlled using MIDI CC with an external controller. An easy-to-use Midi Learn function allows reassignment of any of the parameters.
Internal sequencer's memory contains two banks of patterns: simple and extended. There are 16 extended and 96 simple patterns which both can be edited traditionally using the step buttons or using the tap function.
Simple patterns are used in Host Mode where each pattern location has a MIDI note number assigned to it. With these notes you can freely control the order of played patterns. Extended pattern differs from the simple one in it has 4 segments (variation A/B and part 1/2). The whole bank of 16 extended patterns is divided into two groups of Basic Patterns and Intro/Fill In Patterns. You can choose freely from played patterns, used variations, and fill in modes (triggered automatically or manually). With multiple options available you can decide if you want the starting pattern to be preceded by an introduction pattern, or many other options.
A Randomizer function is also provided within the internal sequencer that can be used to make simple changes to a pattern or create a whole new one - an ideal feature for when your creativity needs a boost! Randomizing can be applied to specific instruments and specific steps and the frequency of occurrence can also be adjusted to give you just the right amount.
All external files are stored in the XML format. This allows single patterns or whole banks to be exchanged between users easily. XML allows the files to be edited in a text editor. Ideal if you want to post or share a pattern on a web site - just post the text!
- 17 Fully synthesized instruments
- Perfectly scaled knob ranges
- Enhanced control of instruments' sounds
- Dynamic signal routing from instruments to outputs
- User defined outputs configuration (Master out, instruments outputs, Trigger output)
- Mutes/solos for each instrument (affect triggering not just the signal)
- Fully controllable via MIDI CC
- Quick MIDI CC assignation with MIDI Learn function
Have access to a piece of beat-making history right inside your computer. Download now.
Nepheton TR808 Emulation (VST/AU) Software Download Specifications:PC
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: VST host (32bit or 64bit)
- OS: 10.6.x or 10.7.x
- CPU: Intel based 1.5 Ghz (2.0 Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Software: AU or VST host (32bit or 64bit)
- Note: This is not a standalone program so you need a host application to use it.
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.