- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dangerous Music SOURCE Portable Monitor Controller
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H92228 000000000 H92228000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Dangerous SOURCE provides the critical link between your ears and the music. Every tracking and mixing decision hinges upon what you hear: how to...Click To Read More About This Product
Make critical mixing decisions on the fly, without audio compromise.
The Dangerous SOURCE provides the critical link between your ears and the music. Every tracking and mixing decision hinges upon what you hear: how to locate the microphone's sweet spot for the perfect vocal, where to place the panning to define each instrument's space, or creating the perfect marriage of kick and bass in a track. Use the built-in headphone amp on the front of SOURCE to connect up to two pairs of headphones to discretely monitor any of the four selectable sources either individually or at the same time. Plug an iPod into AN2 and jam along with your favorite music through AN1. Listen to any combination of sources from either section. For example, let the singer hear his or her own personal headphone mix from the AN2 input, while you engineer the real mix, coming from the USB input. There's even a line level control room output, mirroring the speaker selector for dubbing, sampling or running external meters.
- Portable or rack installable (kit optional)
- Two Speaker outputs - can be engagned simultaneously
- Headphones can monitor single or multiple sources
- Two Analog inputs: 1/8" mini stereo and XLR/TRS combo jack
- Two Onboard stereo 24-bit/192kHz D/A converters
- Two Digital inputs: AES/SPDIF and USB
- USB IN, up to 24-bit/192kHz for Windows and Mac
Built for life on the road, slide the SOURCE into your backpack and hit the streets.
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB from <10Hz to >80kHz
- THD+N: < 0.0025% @+4dBu
- IMD (SMPTE): < 0.0025% @ +4dBu
- Crosstalk rejection: >108dB
- Noise: < -93dB, unweighted
- NOTE: Speaker outs can run at -6dB (factory setting) or unity gain (remove jumpers 3 and 4)
- Maximum input level: > +26 dBu
- Frequency Response : +0, -0.5dB from <10Hz to >80kHz
- THD+N: < 0.0025% @ +4dBu
- IMD (SMPTE): < 0.0026% @ +4dBu
- Crosstalk rejection: > -98dB
- Noise: < -90dB, unweighted
- NOTE: Input 2 can run at -10dBV or -16dBV (by setting JP1 and JP2. Remove for -10dBV)
- Default factory setting is -16dBV to accommodate 1/8" headphone outputs of iPhones and cell phones
- Frequency Response: +0, -0.5dB from <10Hz to >50kHz
- The meter and speakers outputs are fully balanced and 600 ohm drive capable to >+26dBu.
- Volume knobs track better than +- 0.5dB from unity to -40dB.
- The headphone amp can easily drive several sets of cans.
- Maximum output level: > +26 dBu
- Shipping weight (in carton): 7 lb.
- The AES inputs lock from 32kHz to 192kHz sample rates with the following: <0.004% THD+N
- -0.2dB at 10Hz and 22kHz (48kHz sample rate)
- -0.2dB at 10Hz and 34kHz (higher rates)
- Crosstalk Rejection: >103dB
- Power Supply: 12 volt, 2 Amp (Part number PSU-SRC)
- Optional Rack Kit: SRC (sold separately)
- Mac: Requires Mac OS 10.6 or higher for driverless plug and play
- PC: Requires a driver for Windows operating systems up to Windows 7. *Not currently compatible with Windows 8.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.