- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Earthworks 1021 One Channel ZDT Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J06254 000000000 J06254000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 1021 ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifier is a half-rack single channel microphone preamp housed in a 1U rack. This discrete circuitry pre, designed ...Click To Read More About This Product
The ultimate in preamp transparency.
The 1021 ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifier is a half-rack single channel microphone preamp housed in a 1U rack. This discrete circuitry pre, designed by David Blackmer, establishes a new standard of sonic excellence in preamps of its type. This exacting new standard provides frequency response from 1Hz to 200kHz +0.5dB, a rise time of 0.27 microseconds and distortion of less than 1 part per million (0.0001%), eliminating all possibility of sonic degradation.
Take another look at those specifications. They seem nearly impossible. These preamps are so fast, so clean and so transparent that you don't even know they are there. It is like plugging your microphone into a "piece of wire with gain." You will hear clarity and detail with the ZDT preamps you've never heard in any other preamp.
- Zero Distortion - less than one part per million
- High output level +30dBu
- Very Low Output Impedance will drive long lines without interference or signal loss
- True 48 volt phantom, polarity reverse & clip indicator
- Separate XLR & 1/4" Phone (t-r-s) outputs, each with its own gain/level controls
- 1/4" Phone connector output will drive balanced or unbalanced inputs
- Lowest Noise of any preamp on the market
- All Discrete Components; Class A Amplification (No ICs in the signal path)
- No Electrolytic Capacitors in the signal path
- Greater Transparency with minimum signal path and minimum features
Order today and fall in love with your favorite microphone all over again.
- Preamp Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 2Hz to 100kHz ±0.1dB, 1Hz to 200kHz ±0.5dB
- Impulse Response: 1.4s
- Distortion: XLR out: less than 1ppm (0.0001%); 1/4" out: 0.001%
- Input Noise: 1.6nVHz½ at 20dB gain; 0.6nV/Hz½ at 60dB gain
- EIN: -132dBV at 20dB gain; -143dBV at 60dB gain
- Slew Rate: 22V/s
- Output DC Offset: ±1 mV typical, servo balanced
- Power Requirement: 120V AC (100V and 200-240V versions available)
- Input: 1 XLR Female balanced transformerless
- Input Impedance: 10KÎ phantom on, 100KÎ phantom off
- Outputs: 1 XLR Male balanced transformerless (stepped)
- 1 ¼" TRS XLR Fem. balanced transformerless (variable)
- Dimensions: Half rack space 1.75" x 8.75" x 10.375"
- Weight: 4 lb. (1.8kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.