Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Earthworks 1022 2-Channel Zero Distortion Technology Preamptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Earthworks 1022 2-Channel Zero Distortion Technology Preamp$2,199.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The Earthworks Audio 1022 2-Channel Zero Distortion Preamplifier is based on discrete circuitry designed by David Blackmer. It establishes a new standard of sonic excellence in electronics. This exacting new standard provides frequency response range of 1Hz–200kHz +0.5dB, a rise time of 0.27 microseconds and distortion of less than one part per million (0.0001%), eliminating all possibility of sonic degradation. Like the other preamps in the ZDT Series, the 1022 2-channel preamp is so fast, so clean and so transparent that you don’t even know it’s there. You will hear clarity and detail with the ZDT preamps that is not available in any other preamp at any price.
- Zero Distortion – less than one part per million
- High output level +30dBu
- Very low output impedance will drive long lines without interference or signal loss
- True 48 volt phantom, polarity reverse & clip indicator
- Separate XLR & 1/4” Phone (t-r-s) outputs, each with its own gain/level controls
- 1/4” phone connector output will drive balanced or unbalanced inputs
- Full differential (balanced) from XLR in to XLR out – no internal conversion to single-ended
- All discrete components; Class A amplification (no ICs in the signal path)
- Greater transparency with minimum signal path and minimum features
Uncolored gain for precise captures.
1022 2-Channel Zero Distortion Technology Preamp Specifications:
- Preamp Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 2
- Frequency Response: 2Hz to 100kHz ±0.1dB, 1Hz to 200kHz ±0.5dB
- Impulse Response: 1.4µs
- Distortion: XLR out: less than 1ppm (0.0001%); 1/4” out: 0.001%
- Input Noise: 1.6nVHz½ at 20dB gain; 0.6nV/Hz½ at 60dB gain
- EIN: -132dBV at 20dB gain; -143dBV at 60dB gain
- Slew Rate: 22V/µs
- Output DC Offset: ±1 mV typical, servo balanced
- Power Requirement: 120V AC (100V and 200-240V versions available)
- Input: 2 XLR Female balanced transformerless
- Input Impedance: 10KΩ phantom on, 100KΩ phantom off
- Outputs: 2 XLR Male balanced transformerless (stepped)
- 2 ¼” TRS XLR Fem. balanced transformerless (variable)
- Dimensions: 1 rack space 1.75” x 19” x 10.375”
- Weight: 6 lb. (2.7kg)
Also Available In These Cost-Saving Bundles
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.