- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Edirol R-09 24-Bit Wave/MP3 Recorder
- Write a Review
- Product 241132
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
It's ultra small and looks like a gadget, but make no mistake”the R-09 is a serious, top-quality professional recorder. Capture source material at a ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Professional sound quality in the palm of your hand!
It's ultra small and looks like a gadget, but make no mistake”the R-09 is a serious, top-quality professional recorder. Capture source material at a crystal-clean 24-bit resolution with your choice of 44.1 or 48kHz sample rates. You can record and play back in MP3 format as well (up to 320kbps). Once recorded, your files can be monitored through the R-09's headphone jack and/or exported to a computer via USB.
I.A.R.C. (Isolated Adaptive Recording Circuit)
I.A.R.C. is the newly developed dedicated analog circuit optimized for recording on R-09. Electrolytic capacitors provide stable, reliable power to the analog circuits, eliminating DC interference. The R-09 offers an input gain volume control to manually adjust recording levels.
To record audio into the R-09, there's no extra gear to buy or no cables to connect. A quality stereo microphone is built right into the unit, complete with a dedicated input control, mono/stereo selector, low-cut filter, and gain boost. Just point and record! If you wish to use an external microphone, the R-09 offers a 1/8" mic input.
The R-09 is more affordable than its predecessor, the R-1. One reason the R-1 carries a heavier price tag is because of its well-stocked lineup of internal effects. The R-09 isn't devoid of effects, however. It contains the world's most-requested/desired effect: reverb. Whether you're listening to WAV or MP3 files, you can route the R-09's playback through its internal reverb processor, immersing it in lush, user-controllable ambience.
More Than Music
The R-09 audio recorder is perfect for capturing live music events, recitals, and rehearsals. It's also handy as a songwriter's sketchpad, ensuring that no moment of inspiration is lost. But the R-09 has many valuable uses outside of the music world as well. Students can use it to record lectures. Broadcasters and journalists can throw away their antiquated cassette recorders and use the R-09 for in-the-field interviews. Wherever, whenever there's a need to capture audio, the R-09 can do it hassle-free thanks to its built-in microphone and long battery operation.
USB 2.0 Connection to Computer for Rapid File Transfer
The Edirol R-09 can connect to the outside world via USB 2.0 for importing/exporting audio files via computer very quickly. For example, a 600 MB recording at 44.1 kHz/16-bit takes only 5 minutes to transfer, only 1/12 of the time it would take to transfer the same recording from a MiniDisc or tape (cassette/DAT) recorder.
- 24-bit/48kHz (or 44.1kHz) linear PCM recording
- Ultra portable, half the size of the R-1
- Up to 320 kbps MP3 recording
- Records to SD card
- Isolated Adaptive Recording Circuit (I.A.R.C.)
- High-grade stereo condenser microphone built in
- Mic and Line audio inputs
- High speed file transfer via USB 2.0 connection to computer
- Easy operation, user-friendly graphic display
- Time & date stamp
- Long battery life (4 hour recording with AA alkaline type x 2)
- Input and Output
- Audio Inputs Internal Stereo Microphone, Mic input (Stereo miniature phone type, plug-in powered mic), Line input (Stereo miniature phone type)
- *The Internal/External MIC and the Line input can't be used at the same time; only the Line input is effective.
- Audio Outputs: Phones* (Stereo miniature phone type), Digital Out Connector* (Optical miniature phone type) *Phones and Digital Out use a common jack.
- Nominal Input Level (Variable): Mic Input: -36 dBu (Default input level), Line Input: 0 dBu (Default input level)
- Input Impedance: Mic input: 20 k ohms, Line input: 17 k ohms
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 22 kHz
- USB Interface: Mini-B type connector (support USB 2.0/1.1 mass storage device class)
- Effects: Playback Reverb: 3 types (Hall1, Hall2, Room, Plate)
- Display: 120 x 64 dots OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) Graphic Display
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor, Alkaline dry battery LR6 (AA) type x 2, or Nickel Hydrogen battery (HR15/51)
- Current Draw : 360 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor (PSB-6U), SD Memory Card (64 M bytes), USB Cable (Mini-B type)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 2-1/2" x 1-3/16" x 4-1/16"
- 63 mm x 29 mm x 102 mm
- Weight: 0 lbs. 6 oz, 0.1 kg
- *0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms