- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Edirol R-44 4-Channel Solid State Field Recorder
- Write a Review
- Product 246666
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Edirol R-44 is a compact, 4-channel, solid state field recorder that uses SD or large-capacity SDHC cards as the storage media enabling quiet and...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Compact, solid state, 4-channel field recorder with built-in effects, filter, limiter, and more.
The Edirol R-44 is a compact, 4-channel, solid state field recorder that uses SD or large-capacity SDHC cards as the storage media enabling quiet and reliable recording for a variety of professional audio needs. Capture up to 4 channels of uncompressed audio with selectable bit depths (16-bit or 24-bit) and sampling frequencies (44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz/192kHz). Onboard effects include limiter, low-cut filter, 3-band EQ, 6-band GEQ, Enhancer, and DeEsser. Weighing in at just less than 3lb. (with batteries) makes this portable recorder a perfect high quality recording solution for videographers, musicians, teachers, and sound designers to take anywhere.
The Edirol R-44 is designed for professional use within a very conveniently sized package. Because it employs SD cards or large capacity SDHC cards as the recording medium, there's no moving parts. This enables the most silent and reliable operation possible.
Although the R-44 is compact, all the necessary functions are included. Built-in high quality microphones and speakers make recording and monitoring without external devices possible.
The built-in effects include a 3-band parametric EQ which allows precise equalization with high/low shelving and peaking and a 6-band graphic EQ ideal for recording. The R-44 recorder also has a Noise Gate which minimizes noise during low audio levels and cuts low frequency noise, and Enhancer which clearly defines and enhances sound (good for dialog), a Comp & DeEsser to cut hissing, smooth the sound, and make audio level uniform. Finally, you get MS Mic Mixing to generate stereo mixing with specified spread from inputs of its Mid-Side Microphones. All of these effects can be applied on both input and output.
On top of the effects, you get an on-board limiter helps suppress sudden peaks in sound from an input source. The Edirol R-44 also has a low-cut filter to help prevent things like wind noise or mic handling noise.
The R-44's Pre-Record function ensures you never miss that important moment again. It buffers input signals for a user-definable amount of time. When the REC button is pressed, the material from the previous few seconds (selectable) is included. This also helps reduce sound bites at the beginning of a recording by not having to start the recorder too early.
The combo input jacks (4) supports the connection of both XLR and 1/4-inch plugs. XLR inputs are equipped with phantom power. Eleven steps of input sensitivity enable the connection of various devices with a variety of inputs levels from microphones to musical instruments. High-quality analog circuitry in the preamp ensures superior recording results.
The high contrast, high response organic LED screen, viewable from wide angles ensures fluid operation in field recording situations. The high response of level meters makes precise level adjustments possible. All the necessary switches and knobs are located on the top and front panels. Self-lit buttons on all the key controls enable clear-cut recording operations.
The Control Sync terminal enables synchronized operation of 2 units. Control the second unit from the master by simply connecting the two with a stereo mini cable. The master unit can remotely control REC standby, REC start, and REC stop of the slave unit. This function enables 8-channel recording in a compact space and at an affordable price.
The R-44 storage can be mounted on computers with a simple USB 2.0 connection. It is seen as an USB storage device on any computer. You can copy data back and forth with a simple drag-and-drop operation.
Edirol's portable recorder can be operated with 3 types of power: AC adaptor, 4-pin external battery and AA batteries. Four hours (at 16-bit/44.1kHz stereo with no phantom power and pre-record disabled) of operation is possible with NiMH or alkaline batteries.
- Pro-quality four-channel recording to large capacity SDHC card
- Built-in stereo microphones and monitor speakers
- 6 built-in effects: 3-band parametric EQ, 6-band graphic EQ, Noise Gate,
- Comp & DeEsser, MS Mic Mixing
- Effects can be applied on both input and output
- Built-in limiter, low-cut filter and studio class effects
- Pre-Record function
- Combo type analog jacks
- (XLR with phantom power or 1/4" supported) Digital output
- High-contrast Organic LED display and operation-oriented user interface
- Control Sync allows you to capture 8 channels by linking two units
- Link to computer via high speed USB
- Four hours of recording with four AA batteries
If you're serious about quality field recording, the R-44 is exactly what you're looking for.
- Data Type: Format - WAV/BWF
- Sampling bit rate: 16/24-bit
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz/192kHz (Limited to Stereo x 1 at 192kHz) 16 or 24-bit sampling rate can be selected with any frequency
- Recording Media: SDHC memory card (compatible with 64 MB - 8 GB)
- Recording Time using 8 GB SDHC card (Recording times are approximate, and actual results may vary somewhat. If more than one recorded file exists, the total recordable time will be less than listed.):
- 16-bit/44.1kHz: Stereo (755 minutes), 4-Channel (377 minutes)
- 16-bit/48kHz: Stereo (694 minutes), 4-Channel (347 minutes)
- 24-bit/48kHz: Stereo (462 minutes), 4-Channel (231 minutes
- 24-bit/96kHz: Stereo (231 minutes), 4-Channel (115 minutes
- 24-bit/192kHz: Stereo (115 minutes)
- Analog Input: Ch 1-4: XLR/TRS Combo type, XLR type (phantom powered), TRS type (balanced/unbalanced), Stereo built-in microphones
- Analog Output: Ch 1-4: RCA Pin type (line output)
- Headphone: Stereo phone type (1/4-inch)
- Digital In/Out: RCA Pin type (IEC 60958-3)
- Input Impedance: XLR: 4kOhms or greater (balanced), TRS: 6kOhms or greater (balanced)
- Nominal input level: 11 steps: -56, -50, -44, -38, -32, -26, -20, -14, -8, -2, +4 (Input Level Knob: Center)
- Maximum input: +24 dBu (Input Sens Knob: +4dBu)
- Output Impedance: Line Output - 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: Line - 4kOhms or greater
- Headphone: 16 ohms or greater
- Output Level: Line Output is -20 dBu (fixed)
- Headphone: 40 mW + 40 mW
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: Line Output - 0.02% (Input Sens: +4 dBu)
- Noise Level Line Output: -100 dBu (Input Sens: +4 dBu, Input Level: Center)
- Residual Noise Level: Line Output: -103 dBu (Input Sens: +4 dBu, Input Level: Minimum)
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 40kHz(0/-3 dB)
- Dynamic range:AD: 100dB, DA: 104dB
- Phantom power: 48V + or - 4V, 8mA per 1 channel (20mA or less in all channels)
- USB Port: Mini-B Type Connecter, USB 1.1 or 2.0 High Speed (Mass Storage Class)
- Control Sync Jack: Stereo Mini Type Jack, Word clock sync and start/stop remote control of 2 units (Remote control function does not guarantee the exact same REC start time)
- Display 128 x 64 dot organic LED
- Power Supply: AC adaptor (PSB-1U), AA type battery x 4 (Alkaline or NiMH)
- Current Draw: 1.2 A
- Dimensions WxDxH: 157mm x 183mm x 61mm 6-3/16"W x 7-1/4"D x 2-7/16"H)
- Weight: 1.3kg (2lb., 14oz.) including batteries