Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Electro-Voice TX2181 Tour-X Dual 18" Subwoofer Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
High-quality sound and tour durability.
The 18" TX2181 subwoofer can move tremendous amounts of air, thanks to dual EVS-18S high-excursion woofers, a well-braced enclosure, and a low-distortion port design. The EVS-18S woofers feature a 4-layer voice coils and cast frames for high power handling and maximum durability. The Electro-Voice TX2181 is designed to be used with a processor and a dedicated amplifier channel in a biamp configuration.
The TX2181 Tour-X has many features that make it a versatile subwoofer system. The enclosure is constructed out of a combination of MDF and plywood, and coated with EVCoat for maximum strength and durability. The unique grille design is very strong, dent resistant, and features a rotatable logo. Four way handles allow for gripping in a variety of positions. The recessed input panel with dual NL4 connectors keep the connectors hidden and allows for closer placement to a wall or other boundary. It is the same width and height as the TX2152, providing a single column appearance when stacked, and uses the minimum amount of space when stored or transported. Mounting points on the rear of the enclosure allow the optional TX-W1 wheel kit to be attached for easy portability.
- Dual 18" Direct-Radiating
- Dual EVS-18S 18" (457mm) LF transducers
- 103dB sensitivity, 138dB maximum SPL
- 1000W continuous, 4000W peak power handling
- 4 integrated handles for easy portability
- Mounting points to attach optional TX-W1 wheel kit
TX2181 Tour-X Dual 18" Subwoofer Specifications:
- Freq. response (-3 dB): 50Hz - 160Hz
- Freq. range (-10 dB): 40Hz - 1.5kHz
- Rec. low pass frequency: 80Hz - 120Hz
- Axial sensitivity: 103dB (1W/1m)
- Max. calculated SPL1: 138dB
- Horizontal coverage: Omnidirectional
- Vertical coverage: Omnidirectional
- Power handling: 1000W continuous, 4000W peak
- LF transducers: (2) EVS-18S, 18" (457mm) drivers
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohms
- Minimum impedance: 2.9 Ohms
- Connectors: (2) Neutrik Speakon NL4's
- Enclosure material: plywood and MDF with EVCoat
- Grille: 16 GA steel, black powdercoat, with rotatable logo
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 45.4" x 20.0" x 27.2" (1154mm x 508mm x 691mm)
- Net weight: 123.5 lbs (56.1 kg)
- Shipping weight: 139.0 lbs (63.1 kg)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.