- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band Virtual Instrument KONTAKT Edition
- Write a Review
- Product 430603
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band virtual instrument has already become an industry standard in pop brass and woodwinds, and now it's available in a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Traditional big band instruments with plenty of articulations so you can give your regards to Broadway.
The Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band virtual instrument has already become an industry standard in pop brass and woodwinds, and now it's available in a new and vastly improved edition, powered by the KONTAKT 4 player.
Hyper-realistic, highly musical, and versatile, Broadway Big Band offers incredibly playable and excellent-sounding trumpets, trombones, saxophones, and clarinet, as well as a kick-ass rhythm section with drum kits, upright bass, banjo, ukulele, and a ton of amazing percussion.
With Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band you never again have to bury your sampled instruments in the mix to make them sound right. Finally you can be comfortable bringing a sampled saxophone to the forefront of your mix. It's that real.
Broadway Big Band is a go-to virtual instrument for film and media composers, as well as anyone else seeking the very best in virtual contemporary horns.
Realistic Note Transitions
Note transitions have always been one of the main obstacles in creating believable sounding sampled wind instruments. Early on it became evident that a large part of the task in creating Broadway Big Band would be to find ways to address this problem without sacrificing the playability of the instruments. Crafting a solution to this problem provided the technological foundation of the product the revolutionary Broadway Performer software.
Every note transition was recorded, up to a Major 9th in both directions, utilizing various playing techniques for the transitions, such as Legato, Rip Portamento, Chromatic Runs, etc. The Broadway Performer serves as a master connector for this massive pool of transitions, allowing you to play and select articulations without having to think about what is going on behind the scenes.
Multiple Microphone Setups
Artistic and technical flexibility when placing your instruments in an appropriate environment is a key factor in realizing your artistic vision. That's why the instruments in Broadway Big Band were sampled with multiple microphone positions, using different microphone types, preamps, and recording styles. This allows you to mic the instrument according to the needs of your production, just as you would if you were recording a live musician. Ultimately, Broadway Big Band leaves you free to make music by taking most of the work out of the process.
Perhaps one of the most defining aspects of an instrument”real or sampled”is the performer playing it. Broadway Big Band's instruments bring depth of character without being overbearing. This allows you the ability to fully control the "un-real" musicians, and enjoy their sampled character, without restricting your creative vision.
Audio engine & System compatibility
The virtual instruments of the Broadway Big Band series enjoy great reliability, high-performance, and system compatibility. It supports standalone, VST, Audio Units, RTAS (Pro Tools 7 or higher) ASIO, Core Audio, DirectSound, WASAPI, and is powered by the top-quality audio engine of Native Instruments' KONTAKT Player.
Sonic integrity, flexibility, reliability, technological innovation, system compatibility, and just plain character are just a few of the many reasons the Broadway Big Band is destined to revolutionize the virtual instrument world.
- All-in-one KONTAKT 4 powered interface means you no longer need to use multiple applications and virtual MIDI cabling”just load the instrument and play
- True 64-bit engine allows you to utilize more RAM and load as many instruments you want (as long as your hardware supports it)
- Supports standalone, VST, Audio Units, RTAS (Pro Tools 7 or higher) ASIO, Core Audio, DirectSound, WASAPI
- Ultimate control over alternate cycles by creating and recalling snapshots through the new interface
- Dump & reload articulations of instruments right from the player's interface to optimize memory usage
- Improved mod-wheel crescendo/diminuendo (sounds and performs better)
- Added an active articulation to the main tenor and alto saxophones
- Revamped audio and programing, including many minor bug fixes and improved tuning
- Each instrument has its own Key-switch monitor allowing multiple instruments to be viewed simultaneously
- The new key switch monitor interface enables selecting articulations visually on-screen with a click of a button (it is still also possible to access all articulations through your main midi keyboard with out the need for any specialized controllers and without touching the mouse)
- A new strumming engine for the banjo and ukulele makes it easy to strum on your keyboard
- Color coded keyboard view to present playable range and the various types of virtual key switches available for each instrument
- Mod-wheel driven mode (bypasses keyboard velocity) can be key-switched in and out of for improved control over dynamics and smooth dynamic transitions throughout a legato phrase
- Legato versions of polyphonic wind instruments using a new simulated legato script
- The following are the lists of instruments and articulations included in the first edition of the Broadway Big Band series. Additional instruments and articulations will be available on future editions.
- The Broadway Big Band instruments are divided into 2 groups: Polyphonic instruments & Legato instruments (using the Broadway Performer)
- (including real prerecorded note-transitions using the Broadway Performer)
- (Bb) Trumpet
- Solo Tenor Trombone
- Soprano Saxophone
- Alto Saxophone
- Tenor Saxophone
- Baritone Saxophone
- High-Hat prerecorded legatos for perfect realism in transitions between the 5 levels of openness
- Solo (Bb) Trumpet 1
- Solo (Bb) Trumpet 2
- Solo Tenor Trombone
- Soprano Saxophone
- Alto Saxophone 1
- Alto Saxophone 2
- Tenor Saxophone 1
- Tenor Saxophone 2
- Baritone Saxophone
- Upright Bass
- Latin Percussion
- Windows XP (SP2, 32-bit) / Vista (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Pentium or Athlon XP 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM (4GB RAM recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Intel Core Duo 1