- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fluid Audio F5 5" Active Studio Monitor - White (Pair)
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J41849 000000000 J41849000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
While it is often referred to as a “budget” monitor, the F5 brings a lot of technology and value to the table. The amplifier rear panel has not only ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
5 in. active studio monitor pair, great for budget conscious home studios.
While it is often referred to as a “budget” monitor, the F5 brings a lot of technology and value to the table. The amplifier rear panel has not only XLR and TRS inputs for more professional applications, there is also an RCA input for more “consumer friendly” applications. The amplifier has a generous heat sink for long mixing sessions. Most monitors have their amp heat sinks inside the cabinet where all the heat is generated and cannot escape. The F5 amplifier ICs are mounted directly to the heat sink, so heat can transmit harmlessly away from the drivers and internal circuitry. The amp also has something no other monitor in it’s class can boast – A standby circuit that shuts down the amp after 20 mins of non use.
While the amplifier is extremely important, all of the sound radiates from the front baffle, where the drivers and port are mounted. The woofer uses a paper pulp composite cone, which has a curve-linear geometry and is mounted to a well damped butyl rubber surround. All this contributes to a very well controlled woofer response that integrates seamlessly with the tweeter. The tweeter itself is a treated silk material, which means it’s very light, very fast and provides just the right amount of articulation and “air” to high frequencies. The tweeter is mounted in a custom designed wave guide that is a perfect balance between optimizing the low end response of the device, and a great off-axis response in the near field.
The well reinforced MDF cabinet minimizes resonances, and the front mounted bass-reflex port allows the bass energy to radiate directly towards the listener. And unlike many other monitors in it’s class, there is a volume control on the front baffle for easy access. All of these features come together to create a great sounding yet transparent listening and mixing experience…at a great price.
- Size: Near-field
- System type: Active
- Configuration: 2-way
- Low-frequency driver: 5"
- Mid-frequency driver: Not applicable
- High-frequency driver: 1"
- Full-range driver: Not applicable
- Driver type: Cone
- Frequency response: 49Hz – 22kHz
- Max peak SPL: 101 dB
- Amplifier class: Info not available
- Output power: 70W
- Input connectors: XLR, TRS, RCA
- Standby mode: Yes
- Acoustic space control: No
- Power indicator: Yes
- Width: 6.9 in.
- Height: 10.25 in.
- Depth: 7.7 in.
- Weight: 11 lb.
- Enclosure type: Sealed
Budget-friendly studio speakers great for desktop monitoring!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.