- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fluid Audio FPX7 Single Unit Black
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L56803 000000000 L56803000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In the home studio bookshelf monitor category, new designs are presented frequently. Some last, some fade. Fluid Audio's Fader Series monitors d...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Fantastic monitor design.
In the home studio bookshelf monitor category, new designs are presented frequently. Some last, some fade. Fluid Audio's Fader Series monitors design ideas merited revision and refinement, and building on its legacy, FA created the Fader Pro series. This is the FPX7, a real one-of-a-kind monitor.
It features a 140W Class AB amplifier with a sizable toroidal transformer for exceptional power delivery, along with an optimized composite cone woofer and AMT folded ribbon tweeter. The FPX7 produces an extraordinarily accurate monitoring experience. With its lightning fast, accurate response, the AMT tweeter provides detail and depth only seen in professional studio monitoring.
What makes the FPX7 unique is that the AMT tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer in a coaxial configuration. Taking what they learned from the Fluid Audio FX8, they incorporated the AMT tweeter in much the same way.
Coaxial drivers provide such accuracy and detail because all of the energy from the tweeter and woofer radiate from the exact same position in space. This is critical for accurate off-axis response as well as phase coherence.
The AMT tweeter is mounted to a custom-designed waveguide, which provides it with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot. The complex, DSP-controlled crossover provides a perfect blending of the woofer to the AMT tweeter and ensures that there is effectively zero variance in switching from amplifier to amplifier.
- Seamless, transparent response in a compact footprint
- 7” composite cone, low-frequency driver
- Air motion transformer tweeter provides an extremely fast and accurate response
- Bi-amplified 140Watt Class A/B amplification (90w woofer/50w AMT tweeter)
- Acoustic Space Control lets you calibrate the FPX7 to your mixing environment ( 0, -2, -4db )
- Tweeter high frequency trim control ( +2, 0, -2db )
- Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
- 42Hz – 27kHz frequency response (+/-3dB)
- Front loaded slot port for directional bass response
- Amplifier standby function to conserve energy
The timing of coaxial speaker systems has to perfect. The FPX7's is. Order today.
- Frequency response: 42 Hz – 27 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Amplifier power: 140 watts RMS
- Signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF one displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL
- @ one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: Factory programmed for either 100 – 120V – 60Hz, 220 – 230V – 50Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient and subsonic filter
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 310 x 216 x 264 mm / 12.1" x 8.5" x 10.5" (HxWxD)
- Weight (single monitor): 16.5 lbs / 7.5 kg
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.