- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Focusrite Red 8Pre Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- J46150 000000000 J46150000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
There's never been a better Focusrite audio interface range than the Red Range. The second member of this acclaimed new series, the Red 8Pre features...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Focusrite's best interface series yet.
There's never been a better Focusrite audio interface range than the Red Range. The second member of this acclaimed new series, the Red 8Pre features eight new, specially-developed 'Red Evolution' mic preamps with 'Air' transformer emulation, high-headroom instrument inputs, a new low-noise conversion design plus a grand total of 64 inputs and 64 outputs (including 16 analog inputs and 18 analog outputs), Red 8Pre incorporates dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for round-trip latency as low as 1.67ms, and direct connection to Pro Tools | HD systems. Add to that the ability to connect up to 32 additional inputs and outputs via Dante™ Ethernet-based audio networking and you have one of the most advanced, best-sounding, and most versatile interfaces available today.
The eight digitally-controlled mic pres – which can be controlled from software or by using the clean, clear front panel controls and color LCD displays – deliver clear, honest audio performance with –129 dB EIN and 63dB of gain, and include Focusrite's unique ‘Air’ effect, authentically recreating the sound of the transformer-based preamps in the classic ISA range - ideal for bringing out the breathy quality of a vocal or adding presence to an acoustic guitar. Red 8Pre's new high-performance conversion system features 'parallel path summing', where two matched converters are run in parallel to increase the signal to noise ratio. They operate at up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sampling - ideal for high-resolution audio - with a dynamic range of 118dB (A-D)/121dB (D-A). The Red 4Pre delivers ≤0.0009% THD+Noise and a frequency response flat from 20Hz to 35kHz ±0.25 dB.
Red 8Pre offers exceptional connectivity. Not only does the Red 8Pre deliver Thunderbolt 2 capability - with dual ports, so you can daisy-chain your hard drives or displays - and our lowest round-trip latency; it also includes dual DigiLink™ connectors for direct connection to Pro Tools | HD systems and Avid® interfaces. And in addition, Dante Ethernet-based audio networking - the studio interconnect of the future - is built-in. Add up to 32 extra inputs and outputs right where you need them, with any combination of Dante interface, including Focusrite's own RedNet range, for low latency and lower-cost expansion - wherever there's an Ethernet cable. With its extensive capabilities and beautiful yet robust design, the Red 8Pre represents the perfect balance of form and function, delivering the sound quality, transparency and versatility that audio professionals across the world expect from Focusrite.
Remote control from iPhone or iPad
Download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes created with the Focusrite Control desktop app remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Free Addictive Keys License Included
The Addictive Keys virtual instrument from XLN Audio is now included for free with all Focusrite audio interfaces, and is available for existing customers as well as new customers. One full license per account enables you to choose one world-class Addictive Keys instrument, such as Modern Upright, Studio Grand, Electric Grand or Mark One.
NOTE: Due to the inconsistent performance of Thunderbolt chipsets on Windows computers, Focusrite has not released a driver for Red 4Pre, Red 8Pre or Red 16Line to enable performance with Windows. Focusrite prides themselves on the quality and performance of their products. In the case of Thunderbolt drivers for Windows, they cannot guarantee a high level of performance with Windows.
- 64 inputs/64 outputs - inc 16-in /18-out analogue I/O
- Eight Red Evolution mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation
- Precision 24-bit/192kHz conversion, with up to 121dB dynamic range
- 'Parallel path summing' conversion for lower noise
- Optimal combination of sound quality, noise floor, dynamic range and conversion latency
- Perfect for high-resolution audio
- Color LCD displays and assignable controls for simple and quick operation
- Both front panel and software control
- Dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for daisy-chaining
- Direct Pro Tools DigiLink™ connection
- Dante Network Audio enabled
- 1.67ms round-trip latency - record with plug-ins in real time
- Add up to 32 extra inputs and outputs via Ethernet
- Front-panel instrument inputs
- Focusrite Control Software and free plug-ins included
- Get Red 2 & 3 Plug-in suite and Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Focusrite offers a 2-year manufacturer's warranty
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.