- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fostex TH-900mk2 Premium Studio Headphones
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L40952 000000000 L40952000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Model TH900mk2 is the second generation of the TH900, one of the most renowned premium dynamic headphones in the market. New features of the redesign...Click To Read More About This Product
Best quality studio headphones for the professional.
Model TH900mk2 is the second generation of the TH900, one of the most renowned premium dynamic headphones in the market. New features of the redesign include detachable connectors for replacement of the standard unbalanced cable (equivalent to model ET-H3.0N7UB).
The Fostex TH-900 MKII closed-back full-size headphones are among the best headphones in the pro studio market. Their story begins on workbenches in Fostex’s Japanese factory where they are manufactured in small quantities at a time. Fostex is known across the range of their product line for fine headphones. In this one of their premier models available, no consideration is discarded, no detail ignored.
The TH-900 MK II uses Japanese Urushi Bordeaux lacquer technique on the earcups. This is part of the TH-900’s visual art component, a nod to ancient Japanese lacquering techniques often seen in soup bowls and chopsticks. The tree the sap comes from is rare, and the artistry with which it is applied is nonpareil. For headphones in this price range, an at once exhilirating and relaxing experience is required, and it is delivered here in plenitude. The set is light to wear and its even weight distribution makes for a nearly indescribable comfort level. Luxurious earpads complete the experience.
The Fostex TH-900 MkII is warm and clear, and resistant to fatigue both from a listening and a wearing perspective. It has a nicely defined bass that some engineers like to dial out a bit, but for hip-hop and other bass-heavy production, it offers a clear image of what is happening in the basement. The midrange is smooth and easy to listen to, and offers insight into the all-important vocal range of your mix. Trebles are likewise clean and clear, and absent any brittle top end.The optional balanced cable, model ET-H3.0N7BL will also be sold separately to meet growing demands for balanced connection with various headphone amps offering balanced 4-pin XLR out.
- Neodymium circuit with 15,000 gauss magnetic flux density for wide dynamic range
- unique "Biodyna" diaphragm* for fine and high resolution sound reproduction
- The housings are finished by the traditional "Urushi" lacquer
- The finish used for the TH900 is called "Bordeaux" and is simply stunning
- Platinum foiled "Fostex" logo on the housings
- The ear pads are made of protein leather made from eggshell membrane for maximum comfort
- The cord is made of 7N grade (99.99999%) OFC and duralumin plug case for higher durability
- Comes with an elegant headphone stand (Model ST300) in the package
Finest of its kind. Order today.
- Ear coupling: Over-ear
- Primary application: Critical studio applications
- Secondary application: Tracking, mixing
- Operating principle: Sealed back
- Frequency response (TX): 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- SPL: 100 dB
- Driver size: 50 mm
- Noise cancelling: No
- Weight: 400 g
- Cable type: Y-type OFC
- Cable Length: 3 m
- Connector: 1/4" gold coated
- Built-in mic: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.