Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Best quality studio headphones for the professional.
The Fostex TH-900 MKII closed-back full-size headphones are among the best headphones in the pro studio market. Their story begins on workbenches in Fostex’s Japanese factory where they are manufactured in small quantities at a time. Fostex is known across the range of their product line for fine headphones. In this one of their premier models available, no consideration is discarded, no detail ignored.
The TH-900 MK II uses Japanese Urushi Bordeaux lacquer technique on the earcups. This is part of the TH-900’s visual art component, a nod to ancient Japanese lacquering techniques often seen in soup bowls and chopsticks. The tree the sap comes from is rare, and the artistry with which it is applied is nonpareil. For headphones in this price range, an at once exhilirating and relaxing experience is required, and it is delivered here in plenitude. The set is light to wear and its even weight distribution makes for a nearly indescribable comfort level. Luxurious earpads complete the experience.
The Fostex TH-900 MkII is warm and clear, and resistant to fatigue both from a listening and a wearing perspective. It has a nicely defined bass that some engineers like to dial out a bit, but for hip-hop and other bass-heavy production, it offers a clear image of what is happening in the basement. The midrange is smooth and easy to listen to, and offers insight into the all-important vocal range of your mix. Trebles are likewise clean and clear, and absent any brittle top end.The optional balanced cable, model ET-H3.0N7BL will also be sold separately to meet growing demands for balanced connection with various headphone amps offering balanced 4-pin XLR out.
- Neodymium circuit with 15,000 gauss magnetic flux density for wide dynamic range
- unique "Biodyna" diaphragm* for fine and high resolution sound reproduction
- The housings are finished by the traditional "Urushi" lacquer
- The finish used for the TH900 is called "Bordeaux" and is simply stunning
- Platinum foiled "Fostex" logo on the housings
- The ear pads are made of protein leather made from eggshell membrane for maximum comfort
- The cord is made of 7N grade (99.99999%) OFC and duralumin plug case for higher durability
- Comes with an elegant headphone stand (Model ST300) in the package
Finest of its kind. Order today.
TH-900mk2 Premium Studio Headphones Specifications:Type
- Ear coupling: Over-ear
- Primary application: Critical studio applications
- Secondary application: Tracking, mixing
- Operating principle: Sealed back
- Frequency response (TX): 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- SPL: 100 dB
- Driver size: 50 mm
- Noise cancelling: No
- Weight: 400 g
- Cable type: Y-type OFC
- Cable Length: 3 m
- Connector: 1/4" gold coated
- Built-in mic: No
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.