- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fredenstein Professional Audio Artistic Mic-Pre Microphone Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L61688 000000000 L61688000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Artistic Pre features top-of-the-line performance at a very affordable price. The key component in achieving this performance level is the new OP...Click To Read More About This Product
Single-channel microphone preamp.
The Artistic Pre features top-of-the-line performance at a very affordable price. The key component in achieving this performance level is the new OPA2 discrete audio operational amplifier. It is not a copy of an older design, but a completely new Fredenstein circuitry manufactured in SMT technology. Matched and integrated dual input transistors guarantee vastly improved specifications compared to older designs. The OPA2, following the tradition of well known manufacturers, is socketed and easily exchanged, and uses industry-standard pin-outs.
Another very important sound-shaping component is the American-made steel-core output transformer, with a smooth vintage sound without being dark or just “mid-rangy.” A 100 KOhm direct input is on the front panel. It accepts balanced and unbalanced signals, and the rear mic input automatically disconnects when a plug is inserted into the DI. Features include a max gain of 65 dB, a -20 dB Pad, switchable polarity, selectable input impedance and Phantom-Power support. Eight LED Peak-Meter with a 50 dB range for precise reading.
As all Fredenstein products, the Artistic Pre is designed by a German-American team and manufactured in Taiwan.
Top-quality op amp in this 500-style preamp module.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz, +/- 1 dB
- Distortion:< 0.02% at +4 dBu output level
- Input Noise: < -127 dB
- Input Impedance: > 1500 Ohms or 300 Ohms selectable
- DI Impedance: > 100 KOhms
- Max. Input Level: + 24 dBu, Pad activated
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Max. Output Level: + 26 dBu
- Input Attenuator: - 20 dB (switchable)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.