- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J11111 000000000 J11111000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand places the user on the bench before the Yamaha CFX, an incredible concert grand piano characterized...Click To Read More About This Product
A grand sound from a legendary space.
The Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand places the user on the bench before the Yamaha CFX, an incredible concert grand piano characterized by a wide palette of tonal colors and the ability to create the most subtle, expressive nuances. This beautiful instrument is matched with the stunning acoustics of Abbey Road Studios' legendary Studio One and the finest collection of microphones in the world.
All facets of this project - the instrument, the room, the mics, and the recording expertise - work together to create the finest sampled piano ever captured. Experience the passion reflected in every detail.
Abbey Road Studios
Abbey Road Studios is the most famous recording studios in the world and a global music icon. Home to countless landmark recordings and pioneering advances in recording technology, the legendary studio complex has a phenomenal history spanning over 80 years, encompassing celebrated work by many of the world's most famous recording artists including The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Kanye West, Elton John, Oasis, Elbow, Lady Gaga and Adele. Composers and musicians from around the world turn to Abbey Road Studios when they desire the very best.
Abbey Road Studios' Studio One is one of the largest and most beautiful sounding orchestral studios in the world. The space can easily accommodate a 110 piece orchestra and 100 piece choir simultaneously. Studio One's acoustics are as famous as its location, offering a supremely warm and clear sound with a reverb time of 2.3 seconds. This makes it perfect for numerous types of recording, from solo piano to large orchestras.
The Yamaha CFX Concert Grand Piano
The CFX piano marks a significant milestone in Yamaha's celebrated 108-year history as an acclaimed world-class piano maker. In 1991, Yamaha began its most ambitious piano project ever: to create a new generation of grand piano for concert, conservatoire and studio performance.
The sound of the Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX piano was captured by a team of highly experienced Abbey Road recording engineers, each contributing decades of knowledge in recording pianos for a variety of applications.
Microphone set-ups, also referred to as perspectives, have a huge effect on the overall sound of the recorded instrument. Each set of perspectives speaks specifically to various musical settings.
- Yamaha CFX Concert Grand virtual instrument
- The sound and detail of recording this piano in Abbey Road Studio One
- The instrument, the room, the engineers and the mics all in one instrument
- AAX, RTAS, VST, and AU compatible, and is proudly powered by the ARIA Player
Bring the sound of an Abbey Road Grand into your home studio today!
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- Audio interface compatible with ASIO
- Mac OS X 10.10 or later
- Multi-core processor required
- 4 GB RAM minimum required. 8 GB RAM or greater recomended.
- 122 GB of free hard drive space is required for "Full" installation; 24.5 GB is required for "Compact" installation.
- A dedicated hard drive with fast interface (SATA, USB 3.0, Firewire 800, Thunderbolt) is recommended. A solid-state drive (SSD) is preferred.
- Internet connection for updates and online registration
- USB port required for boxed version installation
- A MIDI interface may be required if you are using a MIDI keyboard. Many keyboards now use USB.
- The ability to assign controllers within your keyboard, music program, or sequencer is recommended
- High-quality speakers and amplifier, or high-quality headphones
- The Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand sound library is AAX, RTAS, VST, and AU compatible, and is proudly powered by the ARIA Player. There's no need to purchase a separate sampler.