Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Genelec 1237A Smart Active Monitor (SAM) Eachtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Genelec 1237A Smart Active Monitor (SAM) Each$5,895.00
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Mission critical state-of-the-art monitoring.
GLM allows you to automatically align every monitor on the network in terms of level, timing, and equalization of room response anomalies. Typically flush mounted, the 1237A system features a large Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) which provides excellent on- and off-axis imaging even in difficult acoustic environments.
The 1237A features on-board intelligence that allows them to automatically adapt to their environment by tuning the frequency response to compensate for acoustical room influences, as well as achieve perfect alignment of levels and distance compensation at the listening position. While usually flush-mounted, the 1237A can be set up freestanding as well. The flush versions benefit from a powerful new RAM L rack-mount amplifier that can also be removed from the loudspeaker cabinet when the monitor is flush mounted.
It features DCW (Directivity Control Waveguide) technology and cabinet design, with the addition of Genelec DSP to allow compatibility with all standard AES/EBU digital audio formats as well as traditional analog signals. The 1237A also features Genelec's ISS (Intelligent Signal-Sensing technology), which was developed to meet EU ErP Directives and the company's own wider sustainability commitments. ISS minimizes energy waste and significantly reduces power consumption when items are left in standby mode by monitoring input connectors to detect if the monitor or loudspeaker is in use.
If the audio input is large enough, the product will quickly come out of the stand-by mode and continue to function. However, if the ISS circuit is not finding any audio on the input for a (user definable) period of time, ISS automatically puts the loudspeaker amplifier to a low-power sleep state where the loudspeaker will consume less than 0.5 watts of power.
The 1237A features a 12" (300mm) bass driver, 5" (130mm) Genelec midrange driver and a 1" (25mm) metal dome tweeter, where the mid- and the high-frequency drivers are mounted in Genelec's proprietary Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW), which allows the system to reproduce flat frequency response both on and off its acoustical axis, thereby allowing for a wider sweet spot. Each one of the system's drive units has its own amplifier module - 500W for the bass driver, 250W for the mid range and 200W for the high range. Frequency response runs from 37Hz up to 20 kHz +/- 2.5dB. In real life studio conditions a pair of 1237As can produce peak levels of 122dB SPL at 2 m distance.
- On board intelligent sensing of room anomalies
- Compatible with all AES/EBU digital formats as well as with analog signals
- Align all monitors on your network for consistency throughout studio operations
- Impeccable audio quality
The superior monitor tool for recording studios, post-production houses, digital mastering facilities, radio and TV broadcasting.
1237A Smart Active Monitor (SAM) Each Specifications:
- Maximum sound pressure level: 118 db
- Frequency response: 32 Hz - 22 khz (-6 db)
- Crossover frequency: ± 2.5 db (37 Hz - 20khz)
- Driver dimension: Woofer 12 in + Midrange 5 in + Tweeter 1 in, metal dome + DCW
- Amplifier power: Woofer 500 W + Midrange 250 W
- + Tweeter 200 W
- Dimensions: H 680 x W 400 x D 380 mm
- 26 3/4 x 15 3/4 x 15 in
- Weight: 38 kg / 84 lb
- Connectors: AES/EBU input, XLR
- AES/EBU output, XLR
- Analog input, XLR 10kohm
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.