- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
GForce M-Tron Pro Virtual Instrument
- Write a Review
- Product 720067
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The M-Tron virtual instrument from GForce is an incredible emulation of the classic Mellotron popularized by artists such as The Beatles, Yes, David ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A classic rock staple for today's songwriters.
The M-Tron virtual instrument from GForce is an incredible emulation of the classic Mellotron popularized by artists such as The Beatles, Yes, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, and The Moody Blues. This M-Tron set includes all of the additional tape banks that used to be available separately”giving you 2.5GB of real Mellotron samples, including strings, choir, flutes, brass, and more. The software works in standalone mode or host operation.
The Mellotron was one of the first sample-based keyboards. When pressed, each key on the original instrument moved a tape head onto a piece of tape that had a recording of that note playing a sound such as a violin. In order to replicate the original instrument's tone as closely as possible, GForce sampled each individual tape and coded them into the M-Tron for over 2.5GB total. As much a labor of love as the Mellotron itself, each key on the M-Tron plays an individual recording of the analogous tape from the original. As with the original synth, once the eight seconds of "tape" has been played, it is simply "re-wound." The lack of loop points give the instrument a unique playing characteristic in addition to it's already unique sound.
Standalone or Host Operation
You can use the M-Tron soft synth by itself or as a plug-in from some of the most popular host applications, including Live 4, Cubase, Logic, GarageBand, SONAR, Digital Performer, ACID, and Pro Tools LE/TDM. Compatible formats include VST 2.0 (Mac/PC including VSTi), RTAS (Mac/PC) and Audio Units (Mac). In other words, you can integrate the virtual instrument with the rest of your studio and use it just about any way you want.
- Extremely realistic analog modeling of classic Mellotron
- Includes all additional tape banks with over 2.5GB samples
- Volume, tone, and pitch controls
- Attack and release envelope
- Supports full automation
- Standalone or host operation (PC VST 2.0, RTAS / Mac VST 2.0, AU, RTAS)
Add the M-Tron to your musical melange for a delicious taste of the past. Order today.
- VST 2.0 (Mac/PC including VSTi)
- RTAS (Mac/PC)
- Audio Units (Mac)
- Intel Pentium II 300MHz with 98MB of RAM
- Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, and XP*
- VST 2.0 or RTAS-compatible host application for plug-in operation
- ASIO-compatible soundcard for standalone operation
- * Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not currently supported.
- PowerMac 604e 200MHz with 128MB RAM; 256KB second-level cache
- Mac OS X
- VST 2.0, RTAS, or Audio Unit-compatible host application for plug-in operation