- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Glyph PortaGig 800 5400 RPM Bus-Powered Pocket Drive
- Write a Review
- Product 249974
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Glyph started with the popular FireWire 400 PortaGig and upgraded it with two FireWire 800 ports, a fast internal SATA II drive, Oxford 934 chip, and...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Huge data storage capabilities in a pint-sized package.
Glyph started with the popular FireWire 400 PortaGig and upgraded it with two FireWire 800 ports, a fast internal SATA II drive, Oxford 934 chip, and a rear power switch. They've also upgraded the warranty to three years and included coverage under Glyph's Overnight Advance Replacement policy. This tiny bus-powered portable hard drive weighs less than 10 ounces, but is powerful enough to support high track-count audio sessions, and has been tested and approved with Digidesign Pro Tools. Designed with a fanless, light aluminum enclosure, the Glyph PortaGig 800 hard drive allows you to work on the road easily and reliably, and with 160GB of space it can easily back-up your largest sessions. Should bus power not be available or is insufficient, you can use the included power supply.
Speeds and Performance
The 7,200 RPM drives have slightly higher performance than the 5,400 RPM drives. All models of the PortaGig 800 perform well in an audio environment, however the 7,200 RPM models have slightly higher track count due to their higher transfer rates.
USB and Bus Power
The Glyph Portagig 800 hard drive comes with a USB "Y" cable ” one end connects to the pocket drive and two ends can be connected to the computer. In some situations, a single USB port will not supply enough USB bus power for the PortaGig 800, and two computer USB ports are needed. Due to differing bus power specs, the safest choice is to use the Glyph PortaGig 800 with the included DC power supply.
- 160GB of storage in a tiny enclosure
- 5,400 RPM will keep your session running fast and efficient
- Weighs less than 10 ounces
- Tested and approved with Digidesign Pro Tools to support over 55 tracks of 24bit / 48k audio, with edits
- Small, portable, aluminum case runs quietly with fanless design
- Applications: Field recording, moving audio, video, graphics, and prepress files
- Includes universal power supply
- Part Number: PGFW8004B-x (x = drive capacity)
- 5,400 RPM Capacities: 160GB | 250GB | 320GB | 500GB
- Interfaces: 2 FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) 9-pin ports, 1 USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port
- Bridging Chip: Oxford 934
- Average seek time (read): 8 milliseconds
- Maximum Transfer Rate: 800 Mb/sec (100MB/sec)
- Sustained Transfer Rate: up to 44MB/sec
- Buffer Size (cache): 8 MB
- Dimensions: 0.86" H x 3.3" W x 5.2" D
- Configuration: Portable enclosure
- Weight: 0.6 lbs. / 0.3 kg
- Power Supply: Universal 100-240v 50/60 Hz
- Operating System Compatibility: Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X, Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
- Content Creation Applications: Qualified with all major audio production packages that support FireWire storage, including Digidesign Pro Tools, Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase, Apple Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk Sonar, Sony Vegas, and more.
- Included: FireWire 800 (9-pin to 9-pin) cable, USB Cable (Y-cable, uses two USB ports for necessary power)
- Warranty: 3 Years
- 1 Year Overnight Advance Replace
- 2 Years Free Basic Data Recovery