- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Grace Design m905 Stereo Monitor Volume Controller, Analog
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J32765 000000000 J32765000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The m905 is one of the world's most accurate stereo monitor controllers, with built in mastering quality Digital to Analog Converters, audiophile-gra...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Incredibly accurate stereo monitor controller with color graphical LCD display.
The m905 is one of the world's most accurate stereo monitor controllers, with built in mastering quality Digital to Analog Converters, audiophile-grade headphone amplifier and unrivaled system configuration tools. For hardworking audio professionals and studios that demand the very best playback available. The m905 is Grace Design's second generation stereo monitor controller, engineered from the ground up to provide unrivaled sonic purity with a comprehensive and powerful feature set.
The m905 represents a new benchmark for audio playback quality. DAC performance is on par with the finest esoteric mastering equipment available. Grace Design's redesigned s-Lock™ PLL ensures ultra-low jitter clock regeneration. An asynchronous USB class 2 interface allows the m905 to act as the master clock of the computer's USB audio buss, effectively eliminating interface induced jitter for computer audio playback. And finally, meticulous analog circuitry measures with outstanding numbers in dynamic range, distortion and noise performance, ensuring bracingly open, detailed and musical playback of any input source.
All main audio and power supply circuitry is housed in a 2U rack mount mainframe, while system control is managed by a sleek, ergonomic remote control unit. This new RCU is a combination of dedicated hardware and a color graphical LCD display. All primary monitoring features are accessed via hardware switches and a rotary encoder, while all system information is presented by the graphic LCD and illuminated switches. This hybrid design allows for the solid feel and function of traditional hardware with the added power and functionality of a graphical user interface.
Now supported is DSD 128x (5.6448MHz) via DoP v1.1 (DSD over PCM frames). DSD audio can be sourced from the AES3, S/PDIF or USB digital inputs. While still a niche playback format, DSD has held its ground over the years, and now more and more content is available via download. And playback is now supported by a number of players. DSD sounds stunningly natural, especially rendered through the rest of the playback circuitry of the m905.
The GUI is designed so that any engineer unfamiliar with the m905 can use the system immediately and confidently. Then with a minimal time investment, advanced functions can be accessed and controlled with ease. Additional features include: naming individual inputs and speaker outputs, calibrating level offsets of any input and output, setting preset levels, and much more. The setup menus only ever drill down one level, so the main operating screen is always one button away. And when returning to any previously visited setup menu, its previous edit status is remembered, keeping redundant navigation and editing to a minimum.
The m905 offers the ability to transfer up to 10 channels of digital audio (8-channels of ADAT and two of AES3, or S/PDIF or TOSLINK) over USB to a computer, making the m905 capable of operating as a standalone USB audio interface. This is an advanced feature as there are clock issues to be aware of, but it works and is documented in the owners manual.
- Audio circuitry designed for completely transparent and musical playback performance
- Asynchronous Class 2 USB playback supports up to 24 bit/192kHz
- Mastering quality DAC circuitry with configurable de-emphasis filtering
- s-lock dual-stage Phase Lock Loop for ultra low jitter clock regeneration
- Hybrid RCU with hardware switches, large level encoder and graphical LCD
- LCD display shows input, level, output, SPL and DAC status plus a full calibration menu
- RCU includes built in microphone for talkback and onboard SPL meter
- SPL meter features include level, peak, fast and slow modes, A & C weighting
- Precision .5 dB step level control for speakers and headphones
- Reference headphone amplifier circuitry, with outputs on both the RCU and ACU
- Dedicated mono, dim, mute and sub mute switches
- Mono mode can be set to L+R summed, L only in both channels, or R only in both channels L solo, R solo, L-R and sub solo modes are available
- 3 available stereo speaker outputs, with two assignable mono sub outputs (or single stereo sub output)
- Multi-mode SUB/ DAC/ METER out
- SUB out mode for stereo or multiple mono subwoofer outputs
- DAC out mode for a fixed DAC output fed by the selected digital input
- METER out mode fed by selected input signal (digital or analog), configurable with a fixed level or to follow yhe monitor level
- Detachable RCU tilt base
Intuitive, reliable and beautiful, the m905 is the perfect studio centerpiece!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.