Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Slimmed down version of the 1073/500 module.
- 80dB Class A Microphone preamplifier
- HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating
- High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics
- 50Db Class A Line preamplifier, bridging input impedance, balanced and floating
- All discrete Class A Ultra High Impedance J-Fet Direct Input on a high quality Neutrik Jack
- Class A single ended, 2N3055 driven, high headroom output stage
- PAD: 20dB Mic input attenuation ahead of the input transformer to avoid overloading it
- HI PASS FILTER: Active all discrete Class A 3rd order Bessel, 80Hz Hi Pass Filter 18dB/octave slope
- OUTPUT control to allow overloading of the preamp
- Internal slow turn-on +24v power supply for lower inrush current, which improves your lunchbox performance
- Carnhill Input and Output transformers
- 3 gain stage, genuine modular card construction. All active circuitry is on pluggable cards for easier service
- Marconi style knobs and vintage style engraved pushbuttons
If you don't need to track with EQ, then the '73 JR is the right choice for you.
'73 Junior 500 Series Microphone Preamp Specifications:
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics. Input is Carnhill transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10K Ohms bridging, Carnhill transformer balanced and floating.
- DI input impedance: Greater than 2 Megohms, unbalanced.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, Carnhill transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 ohms (factory terminated).
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBm into 600 ohms.
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response: 20Hz ( +0.3dB ) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- Maximum gain: Slightly greater than 80dB
- Noise: Less than -100dBm.
- Power consumption: 88 mA per rail @+-16VDC.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.