- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
HHB FlashMic DRM85 Omnidirectional Digital Recording Microphone
- Write a Review
- Product 271047
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The HHB FlashMic is the world's first professional digital recording microphone. It combines a high-quality, Sennheiser omnidirectional condenser cap...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
High-quality mic with built-in Flash recorder!
The HHB FlashMic is the world's first professional digital recording microphone. It combines a high-quality, Sennheiser omnidirectional condenser capsule with an inbuilt, broadcast-quality Flash recorder. FlashMic is a convenient, easy to operate and durable recorder that's perfect for use in all voice recording applications, including press and broadcast journalism, radio interviewing, podcasting, meetings, etc.
With no tangled cables, just one button press is all it takes to start recording in either linear or MPEG 2 formats. Simple 'drag and drop' file transfer at up to 70x real time to a Mac or PC for editing or onward transmission is enabled by a 'plug and play' USB connection. Two AA batteries provide more than 8 hours continuous power and, with a 0 - 10 seconds prerecord buffer and 1GB of flash memory, you can be sure that you'll never miss a word of that important interview with a FlashMic. With a total capacity of 999 tracks and more than 18 hours recording to 1GB of internal Flash memory, FlashMic entirely eliminates the worry of running out of tape or disc space. Holding the record button down for more than 2 seconds locks the FlashMic in record mode for complete security during, for instance, podium recordings, and visible warnings of low battery life and low recording memory add further peace of mind.
Pressing the record button briefly during a recording inserts a location marker which can be read by popular editing applications.
With AA batteries included as standard, the FlashMic operates 'straight out of the box'. However journalists and news organizations will welcome the included FlashMic Manager PC/Macintosh software to configure the FlashMic for specific applications and streamlined workflow.
Flashmic manager software
FlashMic Manager PC/Mac software (supplied) allows FlashMic functions to be configured and stored in 9 user presets. Presets can be setup and then downloaded to non-volatile memory in the FlashMic via its USB port.
In an organization with multiple users, every FlashMic can be given its own name which appears in every track name recorded by that microphone. Alongside the major recorder functions, the 9 user presets can be used to store a session name which also appears in the track names. So, when FlashMic JOHN is interviewing Oasis in the morning and the ENO in the afternoon, track file names can be preconfigured as JOHN_OASIS_TRK001, etc., and JOHN_ENO_TRK020, etc. A Company Name, Reporter Name and Reporter's Notes can be stored with each preset, which is embedded in every file along with the Date and Time stamp, providing users with an unrivaled range of facilities for the naming and organization of files.
FlashMic has a built in USB port for fast transfer of recorded data to a computer. Both USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 protocols are supported.
The headphone socket accepts a standard 3.5mm jack. The mono signal from the A/D converter is buffered and sent to both channels of the headphone jack. The output from the headphone socket can also be connected to the analogue line-in on any soundcard, should external recording be required.
The DRM85 features a high-quality Sennheiser omnidirectional microphone capsule is specially shockmounted to minimize the transference of mechanical and handling noise through the microphone body.
Drag and drop file transfer
Downloading recordings to Macintosh or PC computers is extremely straightforward. Connecting via USB with the cable supplied, files are transferred from the FlashMic using Windows Explorer or the Macintosh Finder. The FlashMic mounts as a USB mass storage device, and the audio files appear in a folder in the root directory.
All the presence of a serious broadcast microphone
Alongside the obvious advantages of pristine sound quality, ease-of-use, dependability and enhanced workflow, FlashMic also brings the additional benefit of an imposing physical presence ” which, as experienced journalists know, can be invaluable in a 'media scrum'!
- Convenient, portable and extremely easy to use
- Rugged build quality, designed to withstand the rigours of portable recording
- High-quality, omni-directional Sennheiser condenser microphone capsule for broadcast-quality recording
- Very high quality microphone preamplifier with full manual or automatic gain control (AGC)
- 1GB Flash memory for digital audio data
- Maximum record time of over 18 hours (see over for table of record times)
- LCD display with backlight for time, level and status information
- USB-Interface for transfer of audio data (configured as a mass storage device), also used for configuration presets and FlashMic firmware updates
- Headphone amplifier with volume control
- 9 user templates can be configured externally using the FlashMic Manager PC/Mac software supplied
- Real time clock, time-date updated when linked to host PC/Mac
- Uses 2 x AA batteries ” either primary cells or rechargeable
- Battery remaining indicator with visible low battery warning
- Battery life greater that 6 hours (1500mAh primary cells)
- Pre record buffer adjustable from 0-10 seconds
- Records linear 32, 44.1 or 48kHz, or MPEG 1 Layer 2 encoded audio (128- 192 kbps) broadcast wave (.wav) files including time stamp.
- Simple mode of operation where presets from external PC/Mac templates can be recalled
- Expert mode of operation where all variables are accessible on the FlashMic
- Record time remaining indicator with low time remaining visible warning
- Switchable high pass filter, 12dB/octave @ 100Hz
- FlashMic comes with a pouch, stand clamp, USB cable, FlashMic Manager software, 2 x AA batteries and user manual.
- Sampling Frequency: 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz. Selection by FlashMic Manager software or on DRM85
- Bit Resolution (Linear: 16 Bit
- Audio Formats: Linear PCM, MPEG 1 Layer 2, Selection by FlashMic Manager software or on DRM85. 6 mode settings
- Bitrates (MPEG): 192, 160, 128 kbps
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 1dB @ 48 kHz FS Linear PCM
- THD + N: < 0.1% (20 Hz - 20 kHz) @ 48 kHz FS Linear PCM
Number of Channels: 1 (Mono)
- Microphone Capsule: Omni-directional
- Record Level: Automatic Gain Control (AGC = on), Manual Gain Control (AGC = off)
- High Pass Filter: Switchable on/off, 12 dB/octave @ 100Hz
- Data Storage System: Fixed internal memory, capacity 1 GB
- Date / Time: Internal real-time clock, running as long as power supply is available. Back-up supply for 1 minute to allow battery change. Set / synchronized automatically by host computer application according to host computer clock. Manual setting on DRM85 by menu item.
- File Format: Broadcast wave file (.wav). Linear PCM or MPEG 1 Layer 2 compressed. Date / Time stamp is stored in file header. Filename generated automatically by DRM85, basic text string provided from PC software.
- File System: FAT. Mounts as a removable drive via USB mass storage device protocol. File transfer is possible with the FlashMic Manager software or through Windows Explorer and Mac OS Finder.
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm stereo socket, mono signal to both channels. Manual volume control by rotary switch. Output may be used for audio recording on PC. Drive capability for 32 Ohms headphone, short circuit protection.
- Optional Accessories: Wind shield, table stand.
- Weight: 366 grammes / 13 ounces (excluding batteries)
- Dimensions: Length 244mm / 9.6 inches. Diameter at widest point (mic capsule) 50mm, 2 inches.