Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
IK Multimedia SampleTank 2.5 XL Sample Workstation Virtual Instrumenttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
IK Multimedia SampleTank 2.5 XL Sample Workstation Virtual Instrument$149.99
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Sample workstation used by a diverse group of Grammy-winning artists.
This incarnation, the SampleTank 2.5 XL Sample Workstation, will surely continue this trend as it still provides you with one of the most wide-ranging collection of sounds available--more than 1,800 samples of acoustic grand pianos, electric pianos, strings, brass, winds, vocals, orchestral sounds, drums, guitars, synths, loops, ethnic instruments and more. It also has the ability to read all "Powered by SampleTank" instrument sounds, including Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, the upcoming SampleMoog, Studiophonik, and SampleTron. You can also import your own WAV, AIFF, AKAI, SDII, and SampleCell files for an unlimited range of sounds.
But it's not just the variety of high-quality sounding instruments it's compatible with that makes this such a sought after sampler. It's what you can do with them as well. After your initial quick install, you'll be up and running within seconds. The speed at which sounds load is amazing, keeping you in the creative flow as opposed to the hurry-up and wait of other virtual instrument samplers.
SampleTank 2.5 Sample Software offers more than 50 sampler controls that are accessible from an uncomplicated, intelligible single interface. Three advanced sample engines--traditional resampling, STRETCH and PS/TS--allow unrivaled sound manipulation. The STRETCH engine delivers amazing realism and expression over multi-sampled instruments with options like true glide, bending, staccato and vibrato control, all with an incredibly sumptuous, yet, real sound quality. If your song requires loops, the PSTS engine (Pitch-shift/Time-stretch) lets you synchronize loops with a single click. You can also control tempo and pitch independently of each other making this the ideal beat maker.
SampleTank 2.5 virtual instrument also provides some of the most powerful multi-effects to come in a virtual instrument. Every sound in SampleTank was programmed with fully editable built-in effects--drums load up with reverb and compression, guitars with amp-sim, electric organs with rotary speaker, etc. It's unique system of 5 insert effects per part, with 5 send and 5 master effects, gives you up to 90 effects options available in one powerful production package. You can also work with the algorithms from IK Multimedia's award-winning T-RackS, Classik Studio Reverb, and AmpliTube emulator.
For over 6.5GB of sounds, you can't do much better than SampleTank 2.5. The last version was a big hit with the hitmakers of all genres.
- Works as a standalone application as well as a plug-in in Mac OS (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP/Vista)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, and AU
- Imports WAV, AIFF, SDII, AKAI S-1000/3000, and SampleCell directly from the plug-in.
- 16 part multitimbral sound module with layerable parts.
- 3 synth engines: newly enhanced STRETCH and Pitch-Shift/Time-Stretch (PS/TS) plus traditional Resampling.
- 33 built-in DSP effects.
- Part and Master Loop Sync.
- Independent Part and Master Volume/Pan controls.
- 2 DVDs of sounds, 6.5 GB of samples, and more than 1,800 patches included
- Reads any instruments from "Powered by SampleTank" sound modules such as Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, and more
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Mix view and full mix parameter control
- Powerful Effects section that includes 5 effects per part, 5 Send, and 5 Master effects with up to 90 effects available at once in any one module
- Send Effects includes Send and Return controls and Pre-Post options
- Range Controls allows for creating complex splits and layers
- Instrument browsing
- Total sound editing with full access to 50 Synth-Sampler engine controls
- BPM syncable LFOs
- Portamento Time and Curve controls with multiple selectable curves
- Zone feature for single sample accurate editing
- Expanded, easy-to-use full MIDI control
- Responds to MIDI Program change
- User preset and module save features
- Convenient back-up function
- Customizable keywords and sound search function with integrated sounds database
- 256 notes polyphony
- Customizable display colors
SampleTank 2.5 XL Sample Workstation Virtual Instrument Specifications:System Requirements
- (Power PC-based Macintosh)
- Minimal: 866MHz G4 processor, 512MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
- Suggested: dual 1.25GHz G4 or G5 processor, 1GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS
- (Intel-based Macintosh)
- Minimal: 1.5GHz Intel Core Solo processor, 512MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
- Suggested: 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 1GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: AU, VST, RTAS
- Minimal: Pentium 1GHz / Athlon XP 1.33GHz, 512MB of RAM, Windows XP / Vista or later.
- Suggested: Pentium 2.4GHz / Athlon XP 1.33GHz, 1GB of RAM, Windows XP / Vista or later
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS
- Note: SampleTank 2 RTAS requires Pro Tools 7.0 or later
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.