- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
iZotope DDLY Dynamic Delay EDU (Download)
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L69865 000000000 L69865000000000
6-Month* financing available.
DDLY Dynamic Delay responds to your track's musical dynamics to create versatile and intriguing delays. It's a one-of-a-kind effect plug-in that dela...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
Versatile delay plug-in.
DDLY Dynamic Delay responds to your track's musical dynamics to create versatile and intriguing delays. It's a one-of-a-kind effect plug-in that delays the signal differently depending on the character of the sound. Adjust the threshold to split your signal based on transients, then send it down two separate analog or granular delay paths.
On a drum track, try setting DDLY to only add echo to the harder attacks of the kick and snare. You’ll get that cool, echo effect without adding delay to the extra buzz from the snares or the room noise or a sloppy high hat that would make the mix sound muddy or crowded. Or dial in different delay patterns for the transients and the more constant energy of the performance, to keep the foundation in place and let the accents and flourishes bloom and soar.
DDLY works great on vocals.
Emphasize the full range of the vocal take with a subtle delay on the verse and a more intense delay on the bigger moments in the chorus. Instead of laborious studio setup with multiple mics and complex routing, DDLY lets you dial in unique performance-based delay effects quickly. DDLY is not for the timid. The echoing wail of DDLY can ring and rattle and twist your insides. Yes, it can be extreme. Yes, it can go too far. But sometimes, too far is exactly how far you need to go. Push DDLY to the limits and see what you get. Make insane sounds, get complex delays, discover new horrors, and just try to get out alive. Try it on guitars to add delay and echo to only the loudest parts of a performance and not touch the more intimate moments. Try it on piano or synth tracks. Automate the delay over the course of your whole mix, to get intense on some sections and dial it back in others.
- Two delays in one: DDLY analyzes your audio based on an adjustable threshold to determine what to send to the top delay and what to send to the bottom delay
- Adjust the Intensity to affect how strongly the signal is split between the two—great for a punchy delay on the harder, transient crack of your drums and a shuffling delay on the main beat elements
- Both delays have two modes to choose from: Analog or Grain. Analog produces warm lo-fi delays with smearing and nostalgic degradation. Grain produces melodic, symphonic, and futuristic sounds for truly new soundscapes
- Responsive interface: The interface of DDLY reacts to the material it’s applied to for unique real-time visual feedback. As the knobs come to life, your sound gets cooler
- DDLY can be set up with automation in your audio host, to engage the dynamic delay on your mix when you want it to and back off when you need the raw material to shine
Download a copy today!