- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
KRK 12sHO Subwoofer
- Write a Review
- Product H76516
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The KRK12sHO powered subwoofer is the perfect high-output choice for professional studios, where ultra-accurate bass extension and maximum sound leve...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
World-class performance ” at a price that makes this a truly uncommon value.
The KRK12sHO powered subwoofer is the perfect high-output choice for professional studios, where ultra-accurate bass extension and maximum sound levels are required. Powered by a massive 400-watt amplifier and a strengthened version of KRK's signature Kevlar woofer, the KRK12sHO is the no-compromise way to hear what is happening in the depths of your mix. Subwoofers allow you to use smaller main monitors, make it possible to monitor the essential low frequency range and can be a great solution for space-challenged control rooms or mixing environments.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
Having an incredibly capable subwoofer is critical when it is combined with powerful near-field monitors, such as the Expos or a VXT8 driven to high sound pressure levels. In a stereo configuration the subwoofer will have to produce the bass that would normally be generated by the monitors -- that alone can exceed the headroom of an ordinary sub. In a surround sound configuration the subwoofer has to reproduce all of the low-frequency information from five or more channels as well as the demanding bass content of the LFE channel. These challenging applications can place demands far exceeding the capabilities of normal low frequency drivers and power amplifiers. This is where the performance of the KRK12sHO shines.
- Bypass footswitch with remote indication of bypass (clip and limit TBD)
- 5m footswitch cable
- Rubber feet and spikes
- User guide with warranty
Hear the depths of your mix.
- Drivers: 12" excursion woven Kevlar cone woofer, 3" voice coil
- Frequency Response: 29Hz - 60Hz to 160Hz Variable LP / 80Hz Fixed HP
- Max Power: 400W RMS - 116dB
- Low Pass Filter: 60Hz - 160Hz Variable
- High Pass Filter: 80Hz Fixed
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 113dB Music and 116dB Peak
- Combi-Jack Inputs: (L/R/LFE)
- LFE Input Gain: Fixed +10 dBu
- XLR Outputs: (L/R)
- Power In: IEC Mains Connector
- Input Sensitivity: MUTE / +6 / -8dBu
- LED Power Indicator: (Logo - Yellow Triangle)
- Line Out Bypass: Switched 1/4" Input
- Variable Low-Pass Adjust: 60Hz-160Hz
- Phase Reverse switch: 0/180 degrees
- Phase Adjust: Variable
- Ground Lift switch: Lift / Ground
- Limiter: On/Off
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20" x 20" x 22.48" (508mm x 508mm x 571mm)
- Weight: 109.7 lb. (49.7 kg)