- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lewitt Audio Microphones DTP 640 REX Dual-Capsule Microphone
- Write a Review
- J25117 000000000 J25117000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Thanks to variably controlled dual element technology and fine tuned frequency responses, our flagship among drum microphones, the DTP 640 REX, offer...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Dual-element microphone tailored for kick drums and other low-frequency sources.
Thanks to variably controlled dual element technology and fine tuned frequency responses, our flagship among drum microphones, the DTP 640 REX, offers unparalleled and powerful sound that will delight professional drummers and sound engineers alike. The DTP 640 REX is equipped with a high quality dynamic element and a condenser element “ the dynamic element ensures accurate reproduction of the bass drum kick, while the condenser element optimally captures the rich low frequency sound of the drum' shell. In order to guarantee full control over the two elements, they can be separately mixed on their own channels.
Since 2012, the DTP 640 REX offers two more features. The dynamic element emphasizes frequency ranges relevant for the kick drum in the ˜Dynamic Enhanced Frequency Response™ setting switchable right on the microphone, while the condenser element captures the sound neutrally. With ˜Dual Enhanced Frequency Response™, the character of the sound can be shaped even more individually “ with this setting, the condenser element focuses on frequencies from 70 to 150 Hz and delivers a full body sound. The dynamic element provides the necessary power by focusing on the range between 3 and 5 kHz.
The combination of these features with the comprehensive tonal freedom of dual-element technology greatly increases the range of use, turning the DTP 640 REX into a universal tool for bass-heavy applications.
- Dual-element kick drum microphone
- Switchable sound characteristics
- Two perfectly phase aligned microphones in one housing
- Solid die-cast metal body
- Hardened hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille
- Integrated stand adapter for quick and easy mounting and positioning
Find the sweet spot with the DTP 640 REX today!
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL: 150 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage
- Phantom power required: Yes (48V)
- Length: 2.8 in.
- Width: 6.2 in.
- Depth: n/a
- Weight: 27.3 oz.
- Case: Pouch
- Clip: Plastic
- Power supply: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.