- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lewitt Audio Microphones LCT 840 Reference Class Large Diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Product H95898
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Lewitt's LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications. Equ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
First choice studio microphone.
Lewitt's LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications. Equipped with a precision-engineered 1-inch capsule, the LCT 840 stands for exceptionally warm and classic, solid vintage sound. Perfectly suited for miking vocals and instruments, this rugged multi-purpose microphone allows for highly nuanced and authentic sound reproduction in the studio and even on stage. Five switchable polar patterns - omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide-cardioid and super-cardioid - make the LCT 840 a highly versatile tool for professional audio engineers and performers looking for true and authentic tube sound.
Like all Lewitt mics, the LCT 840 stands out for its extremely low self-noise of 9 dB and effective rejection of off-axis sounds. The microphone features three levels of attenuation and three switchable high-pass filters, LEDs and pushbuttons for noiseless handling on the power supply unit (PSU).
Apart from user-friendly operating controls and advanced technological features so essential to memorable recordings, the LCT 840 also makes an eye-catching design statement: The microphone is equipped with a plexiglass inspection window on the front side of the body, so the illuminated tube itself is fully exposed. The inside window surface is coated with a highly conductive, yet transparent film preventing electromagnetic interference.
In short: The unique combination of innovative design, high-end technology and tube-typical sound quality ensures magical takes.
- Lead and background vocals
- Acoustic instruments
- Wind instruments
- Ultra-thin 1-inch externally biased, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Five consistent directional characteristics ï¿½ cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, broad cardioid and supercardioid ï¿½ offer maximum flexibility
- Superior dynamic range of 130 dB-A (Tube) and extremely low self-noise of 9 dB-A for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 3-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless pushbuttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Unique features like clipping history and automatic attenuation provide error-free studio recording and unparalleled ease of use
- Solid die-cast metal body with a stylish, oversized tube inspection window specially coated for maximum protection against electromagnetic interference
- Custom PSU 840 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and brushed, anodized black aluminum front
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a black case; includes PSU 840 power supply unit, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen
Order today and you may just have a new favorite in your locker.
- Acoustical operating principle: pressure gradient transducer, externally polarized
- Directional patterns: omni, broad-cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, figure-8, all selectable on remote control
- Frequency rang:e 20 - 20.000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV / Pa (-33 dBV), cardioid
- 20 mV / Pa (-34 dBV), omni
- 23 mV / Pa (-33 dBV), figure-8
- Signal / noise ratio 85 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 61672-1) 9 dB-A, cardioid
- 10 dB-A, omni (IEC 61672-1)
- 9 dB-A, figure-8 (IEC 61672-1)
- Dynamic range of mic. Amp. 130 dB-A
- Max. SPL for 0,5 % THD 139 dB, 0 dB Pre-attenuation
- 149 dB, 10 dB Pre-attenuation
- 159 dB, 20 dB Pre-attenuation
- Pre-attenuation pad 10 dB
- 20 dB
- selectable on remote control
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB / octave at 40 Hz
- 6 dB / octave at 300 Hz
- Rated impedance: < 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: > 1.000 ohms
- Supply voltage custom power supply unit
- 230 V, 50 Hz
- 110 V, 60 Hz
- Current consumption: 170 mA
- Connector: gold plated 11-pin XLR
- Cable 8 m (26 ft)
- 11-pin audio cable
- oxygen-free copper
- Dimensions (Mic): 7,5 x 2,4 x 1,8"
- Dimensions (PSU): 9,8 x 5,9 x 2,8 inch
- Net weight (Mic): 23,3 oz
- Net weight (PSU) 66,8 oz