- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lynx Hilo Thunderbolt Silver Reference AD/DA Converter
- Write a Review
- J45768 000000000 J45768000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This package contains the Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System as well as the Lynx LT-TB Thunderbolt LSlot interface. The LT-TB provides digital i...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
This package contains the Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System as well as the Lynx LT-TB Thunderbolt LSlot interface. The LT-TB provides digital input and output to desktop and portable computers using USB 2.0 ports. Both Mac and Windows computers are supported. The Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System is a two-channel mastering-level converter with a variety of professional features.
Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System
Lynx Studio Technology presents the Hilo Reference A/D D/A Converter System. With the open, transparent audio quality for which Lynx is known, Hilo provides two channels of mastering quality analog to digital conversion, up to six channels of digital to analog conversion, a secondary monitor output and a world-class independent headphone amplifier in a compact half-rack size.
A first for the two-channel pro converter market, Hilo’s 480 x 272 touch-screen provides a flexible and intuitive interface that can adapt to a particular application and be upgraded with enhancements and new features. Front panel controls support extensive signal routing and mixing, sample rate selection, clock source options, levels, metering and diagnostic features.
Hilo redefines and evolves the category of the two-channel converter. Of utmost importance is the audio signal quality. The completely new design of the analog stages and converter topology for Hilo break new ground in terms of lowering distortion and noise while maintaining transparency for A/D and D/A conversion. Beyond that, Hilo offers extensive I/O capabilities and utilizes the latest FPGA technology with vast resources for control, routing, and signal processing capabilities. Also in development are diagnostic and analysis tools for Hilo. The LCD screen is a natural interface for these functions.
In total, Hilo has 12 inputs, 16 outputs plus 32 channels possible via its LSlot port. The unit’s FPGA powers its internal 32-channel mixer, which allows Hilo to offer the most versatile I/O and routing in the two-channel converter genre.
The LT-TB uses Intel’s Cactus Ridge second-generation Thunderbolt controller. This device allows for a more robust design electrically. Similar to other Lynx products, LT-TB incorporates an FPGA for audio mixing and control functions that can be easily updated in the field. Months of in-house testing along with support from Apple and Intel assure that LT-TB works well with any other certified Thunderbolt product on the market.
The Thunderbolt protocol allows up to six devices and one display to be connected to the computer on a single Thunderbolt port. So in addition to Lynx converters, you can have external drives, displays, expansion chassis and so on. The LT-TB has two Thunderbolt ports, which allows this daisy chaining of devices.
Thunderbolt technology is the fastest connection to your PC at 10Gbs – in each direction, and at the same time. This is twice the speed of USB 3.0. Thunderbolt provides flexibility and simplicity by connecting up to six data and display devices in a daisy chain.
- A/D converter, D/A converter, Monitor Controller with D/A converter, and a headphone amplifier with D/A converter
- Three sets of analog outputs: main, monitor and headphone
- Digital I/O section offers AES/EBU, SPDIF by coax or TOSLINK optical, or ADAT
- Analog stage and converter topology allow ultra low noise and distortion
- A 480 x 272 pixel LCD touch screen for operation and monitoring
- A 32 channel internal mixer in the updatable FPGA
- 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via LSlot.
- AC powered with Battery operation available
- Open-ended software for measurement, metering, diagnostic and personalization features using touch screen
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 3.25 x 10”
- Weight: 6.75 pounds
Thunderbolt is the future. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.