- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
M-Audio BX5 D2 Studio Monitor (Each)
- Write a Review
- Product H99455
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The BX Series studio monitors from M-Audio are a trusted set of nearfield speakers in home and project studios around the world. The next-generation ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Next-generation BX Series studio monitors.
The BX Series studio monitors from M-Audio are a trusted set of nearfield speakers in home and project studios around the world. The next-generation BX5 D2 monitors features a bi-amplified design with 70 watts of distributed power, 5" low frequency drivers with Kevlar cones, 1" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides, and optimized rear ports for an extended low-frequency response. Set a pair of BX5 D2 monitors in your sweet spot today and enjoy a clear and accurate translation of your mixes.
Accurate and enjoyable
Whether you'e recording, mixing, or mastering, your monitors are your primary reference source. Accurate monitors let you hear exactly what™s happening in your mixes”and give you the assurance that your music will translate well to other listening environments. The M-Audio BX5 D2 monitors leverage a decade of monitor engineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency and sonic definition”allowing you to enjoy marathon mixing sessions with minimal listening fatigue.
Designed for pros “ and beginners
Countless pros use M-Audio studio monitors to produce and mix the music and audio you hear every day. The BX D2 Series makes that same design philosophy and technology available to anyone with a passion for great sound. BX5 D2 helps you understand what™s in your mix so you can make better decisions about how it will translate across a wide variety of systems”from MP3 earbuds to car stereos to audiophile rigs.
Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
M-Audio high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the audible ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from the rest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providing ultra-smooth frequency response up to 22kHz. It also features a built-in waveguide, which offers an expansive sound stage and exceptional imaging.
Rear port cabinet design
The BX5 D2 cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance”right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. The custom rear port is designed to minimize air turbulence and resulting distortion while adding additional low frequency extension.
The Class A/B bi-amplified design dedicates separate power amps to the high and low frequencies”providing ample headroom for even the loudest and most dynamic of mixes. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, the design ensures that each driver only delivers the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently, resulting in tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
Find the sweet spot quickly and easily
When monitoring, it™s important to sit in the middle position or "sweet spot" between the two speakers”where the stereo image is optimized. BX5 D2 features a pinhole power LED that makes finding the sweet spot easy. You™ll know you'e in the right listening position when the BX5 D2 power LEDs appear to be brightest.
- Bi-amplified design with 70 watts of distributed power
- 5" low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones
- 1" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides
- Optimized rear ports
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs
Order a pair of improved BX5 D2 monitors today!
- Frequency response: 56Hz-22kHz
- Crossover frequency: 3kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 40 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 30 watts
- Maximum signal-to-noise (dynamic range): > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: Factory programmed for either 115V 50/60 Hz or 230V 50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size 7.7" x 7" x 10"; 19.5 cm x 17.6 cm x 25.2 cm
- Weight 11 lb./unit; 5 kg