Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Designed for studio use.
Engineered Especially for M-Audio Monitors
Designed for use with the M-Audio CX and BX Deluxe series”or most other studio monitors”the SBX10 active subwoofer delivers the kind of bass response necessary for music, film, and multimedia projects. Since today's personal audio systems are designed to reproduce very low bass frequencies, it is critical that your audio production environment allows you to monitor and adjust those frequencies while you are mixing. When paired with either the M-Audio CX or BX Deluxe studio monitors, the SBX10 becomes part of an integrated system that provides accurate monitoring for the entire 20Hz to 20kHz spectrum. Of course, it enhances most other direct-field monitors as well.
Don't Strain Your Speakers or Your Ears
Studio monitors like the CX5 and BX5a Deluxe are designed to work well as full-range monitors. Yet when they reproduce extremely bass-heavy material at high volumes, it can be both taxing on the speakers and fatiguing to the listener. When they're used in tandem with the SBX10, however, the system can comfortably reproduce full-range signals at higher levels without stressing the components.
Active Crossover for Two-Channel Setups
The SBX10 subwoofer accepts the two-channel stereo outputs from your mixer, audio interface, or sound card, and your main monitors connect to the subwoofer's outputs. The internal crossover network of the SBX10 splits the signal at a user-defined crossover frequency (50-200Hz), routing everything below it to the internal sub and everything above it to the main speakers. This significantly improves fidelity because the components aren't tripping over each other to reproduce the same frequency ” and each only has to deliver frequencies to which it is ideally suited. The variable crossover makes it possible to tailor the bass response in your monitoring environment in order to achieve the most accurate acoustic response ” both in studio and home-theater applications.
Rock-Solid Bass Performance
Bass you can feel takes some heavy-duty power and components. That's why the SBX10 carries a hefty 240-Watts of totally discrete Class A/B power for tons of headroom. The 10" driver features an oversized magnet and a high-temperature, long-throw voice coil, delivering maximum low-frequency output and optimized power handling. The cabinet is made of 3/4" vinyl-clad MDF with 1" front and back baffles, serious internal bracing, and a flared rear bass-reflex port to minimize turbulence and improve low frequency efficiency. The fiberglass/paper composite driver provides exceptionally accurate bass response, resulting in a clean and refined low-frequency extension that minimizes listener fatigue.
No More Guesswork
A good monitoring system allows you to create material that translates well across a variety of playback environments. As such, it's important to know what your mixes will sound like both with and without the low-frequency extension a subwoofer provides. Fortunately, the SBX10 includes a subwoofer bypass function that completely removes the subwoofer amp, speaker, and crossover from the signal path. This sends the full-bandwidth program to your direct-field monitors. By plugging in the included footswitch, you can control this function dynamically as you're playing back your material ” even from across the room.
Optimizing Your Studio Monitor Setup and Placement
Why would anyone need directions for setting up reference monitors? Just put them on your desk, and you're done, right? Well, it turns out that reference monitors are actually one of the most important and influential elements of your studio, and can really make or break the performance of your whole setup.
- 10" fiberglass/paper composite cone driver with oversized magnet and high-temperature 2" long-throw voice coil
- 240W Class A/B amplifier with all-discrete transistor design
- Flared rear bass-reflex port
- Variable 50-200Hz crossover
- 20-200Hz low frequency response
- Adjustable gain (-30dB to +6dB)
- Balanced/unbalanced XLR, balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS and RCA inputs
- Balanced/unbalanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS outputs allow easy setup of 2.1 monitoring systems
- Includes subwoofer bypass footswitch
- Phase switch (0/180)
- Over-temperature protection
- Vinyl-covered high-density internally braced 3/4" MDF cabinet with 1" front and back baffles
- Removable grill
- Removable feet
Order this 240W professional active subwoofer today!
SBX10 Active Subwoofer Specifications:
- Woofer driver: 10" composite (treated paper/fiberglass) cone with high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- Frequency response: 20-200Hz (-3dB)
- Crossover: HP/LP linked filter sweepable from 50-200Hz; 24dB/octave 4th-order alignment
- Input sensitivity: 80mV pink noise input produces 100dBA output SPL at one meter with volume control at maximum
- Adjustable gain: (-30dB to +6dB)
- Amplifier: 240W average power into 4, discrete transistor design
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 96dB (A-weighted)
- THD at rated power, mono mode: 0.019%
- Inputs: two XLR balanced/unbalanced inputs; two TRS balanced/unbalanced
- Type: bass-reflex active powered subwoofer
- Inputs: two unbalanced RCA
- Outputs: two XLR balanced/unbalanced outputs for satellites; two TRS balanced/unbalanced outputs for satellites
- Controls: volume/gain control, phase inverse switch, variable crossover control, subwoofer bypass footswitch jack
- Input impedance: 20kOhms balanced, 10kOhms unbalanced
- Maximum input level: +20dBU
- Protection: over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse, DC protection, over current protection
- Indicator: power on (blue) or standby/bypass (red)
- Power requirements: dual-voltage (selectable by rear-panel switch) for either 100-120V/50/60Hz or 220-240V/50/60Hz; powered via detachable grounded IEC cable
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated high-density internally braced 3/4" MDF cabinet with 1" front and back baffles
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 15.5" x 13" x 17.25"; 39.4cm x 33cm x 43.8cm
- Shipping weight: 54.6lb.; 24.75kg
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.