Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
High-resolution, biamped active studio monitor with high/low frequency filters, 3 input choices, and more.
Mackie MR Series monitors achieve their transparent sound quality thanks to these key design elements:
Mackie Minimum-Diffraction Molded Baffle:
When it comes to baffle design, shape matters; it plays a role in how sound waves travel. Mackie's baffle is precisely molded to minimize diffraction, so sound waves radiate smoothly, and are dispersed optimally. Mackie's precision waveguide is designed to ensure broad, even dispersion and a smooth transition between highs and lows. The result is a crystal-clear image of your mix, with an ultra-wide, even sweet spot. Whether you're in mix position or not, on axis or off, you'll always hear an accurate representation of your mix.
Amplifiers are the power behind a monitor's sound, but they can also color it. Unlike passive monitors, Mackie's amplifiers are precisely matched to the monitor design. Featuring Mackie's proven Class A/B architecture, the MR5 monitors' amplifiers are meticulously tuned to deliver ultra-flat frequency response, so the sound remains neutral. To compensate for room characteristics, acoustic controls allow you to adjust High Frequency and Low Frequency settings (±2dB). Balanced inputs allow you to get the best signal possible, but the option of unbalanced inputs mean you can connect easily to any source. And MR Monitors deliver enough power to handle the toughest source material, at sound levels beyond sane people's requirements.
A speaker's cabinet is more than just an enclosure”it's another component that affects the overall quality and character of the sound. Mackie's cabinet features a rear port, carefully tuned to deliver superior bass performance with no audible vent noise. Because air passes through the precisely engineered curved port easily, there is no distortion, and no build-up of pressure within the cabinet that could affect driver movement. The rigidity of the cabinet's precision-braced MDF construction also prevents vibration, meaning your sound is always free from unwanted resonance.
Transducers are responsible for converting your electrical signal into sound, so consistent, unwavering performance is a must if you want sonic clarity. Mackie specifically created ultra-low distortion steel frame woofers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters to work perfectly in concert with all the components in each MR monitor. You get a precisely tuned monitor that performs with impeccable consistency.
MR Series Monitors are ideal for a variety of applications. Use the MRs to empower your mixes in the studio, or to add pro sound to your multimedia, gaming or home theater system. You can even use them for a great-sounding home DJ rig. The MR5 and MR8 Monitors share the same design, so they function great together, too, making them optimal for multiple monitor setups”just add a Big Knob”as well as surround systems. For any applications where high-quality sound and classic good looks are required, MR monitors are the perfect fit.
Mackie's Reputation Speaks for Itself
With every product Mackie releases into the wild”from monitors to loudspeakers to mixers”Mackie ups the ante on performance, reliability, and affordability. Mackie's innovation and commitment to great sound is why so many of Mackie's products are top sellers, and why Mackie's gear has legions of enthusiastic devotees.
Tracktion 3 Music Production Software
The MR5 includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software which doesn™t make you bounce around endless menus and windows to make music. Based on a simple, single-screen interface, the award-winning Tracktion 3 is a fast, powerful, and complete solution for turning your ideas into finished songs. It comes a plethora of power and plug-ins to keep your music flowing”not locked in menus or limitations.
- Studio monitor with true Active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with Active protection circuits: 55W for LF / 30W for HF
- HF and LF acoustic controls for room correction
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- Ultra-low distortion 5-1/4" steel frame LF transducer
- Waveguide loaded 1" high-resolution HF transducer
- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle for smooth, wide sweet zone
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near computer/video monitors
- Precisely tuned for working interchangeably with other MR units
- Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software
MR5 Reference Monitor (2010) Specifications:Acoustic Performance
- Free Field Frequency Response: 60Hz - 20kHz (±3dB)
- Lower Cutoff Frequency: -3dB @ 60Hz
- Upper Cutoff Frequency: -3dB @ 22kHz
- Sound Pressure Level @ 1 meter, +4dBu into Balanced Input: 100dB SPL @ 1m
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 113dB SPL @ 1m
- Low Frequency: 5.25"/133mm steel frame cone woofer with rubber surround
- High Frequency: Wave guide loaded 1"/25mm silk dome tweeter
- Low Frequency Power: 55 watts, 4 ohm load, 85 watts peak
- High Frequency Power: 30W, 4 ohm load, 50W peak
- Slew Rate: >15 V/s
- Distortion (THD, SMPTE IMD, DIM 100): < 0.035%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: (Low Frequency): > 101dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 55W into 4 ohms (High Frequency): > 93dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 30W into 4 ohms
- Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Crossover Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 4kHz
- Sensitivity: +4dBu at 300Hz for full output
- Input Impedance: 20 k?, balanced bridging; 10 k? unbalanced
- Low Frequency EQ: +2dB/+4dB @ 100Hz, shelving
- High Frequency EQ: -2dB @ 5kHz, shelving
- US: 120V AC, 60Hz
- The MR5 does not support multiple voltage configurations. Make sure the voltage rating for your particular model (as indicated on the rear panel near the IEC socket) corresponds with your local AC mains voltage.
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250V AC, 16 A male
- Fuse: 115V AC: T 1.6AL/250V, 230V AC: T 800 mAL/250V
- Power Consumption: 75W with music, loud mix, 10W quiescent (idle)
- Enclosure: 0.625"/16mm thick MDF with 0.750"/19 mm MDF front panel
- Damping: Adiabatic foam
- Dimensions (HxDxW): 11.25"/286mm, (11.50"/292mm when including top of waveguide) x 7.75"/197mm x 10.50"/266mm
- Weight: 14.3 lb./6.5kg
- Windows XP
- Pentium / Athlon 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- OSX 10.4.8 or higher
- G4, G5, Intel 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.