Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Onyx 1640i Firewire Mixerfalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
16-channel premium analog mixer with FireWire, Onyx mic preamps, 4-band Perkins EQ, and more.
The Onyx 1640i is equipped with 16 of Mackie's premium, precision-engineered studio-grade Onyx mic preamps. Mackie is renowned for the topnotch mic preamps used in their mixers, and today, they're better than ever, with specifications rivaling expensive standalone mic preamplifiers.
Channels 1 and 2 feature high-impedance instrument/line-level inputs so you can connect an acoustic, electric, or bass guitar directly into the mixer, eliminating the need for an external direct box.
Extremely adaptable DAW integration Recording and Mixing
The Mackie mixer's channels, aux sends, or the master L/R can be sent straight to your computer via FireWire for recording. Pre/post EQ taps on every channel allow you to integrate our renowned Perkins EQ into the record path. Plus, a stereo return from your DAW, or iTunes is assignable to the control room section or straight back into two channels panned left and right for mix integration.
Powerful Effects Engine
With six aux sends routable to your DAW, the Mackie Onyx 1640i allows you to use your favorite plug-in as a realtime effect. Just route an aux send to your DAW, apply the plug-in, and assign your DAW outputs to the control room or to a channel strip for instant integration into the mix.
Live sound recording could not be simpler! The 1640i mixing console offers the ability to record individual channels, either wet or dry, for studio-quality multitrack recordings that you can edit and mix down later on. It also lets you simply record the main mix, allowing for immediate creation of CDs right at the gig.
The Mackie Onyx 1640i recording mixer is Pro Tools M-Powered compatible and includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software.
Tracktion 3 Music Production Software
Tracktion 3 Music Production Software doesn't make you bounce around endless menus and windows to make music. Based on a simple, single-screen interface, the award-winning Tracktion 3 is a fast, powerful, and complete solution for turning your ideas into finished songs. It comes a plethora of power and plug-ins to keep your music flowing-not locked in menus or limitations.
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- 16 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on all channels
- Full 16x16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends,
- groups and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external mic
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation ” rack ears included
- "Planet-Earth" switching power supply for worldwide use
- Comes with Tracktion 3 music production software
Onyx 1640i Firewire Mixer Specifications:System Requirements
- Windows XP SP 2 or greater (Home and Pro)
- Windows Vista 32 RTM or greater (Home, Business, and Ultimate)
- Noise Characteristics:
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN), mic input at insert, 150 Î source
- impedance, 20 to 20kHz:
- 60dB (max) gain: -129dBu
- 40dB gain: -128dBu
- Output Noise Figure (1/4" Main out, all channels assigned to
- main, Gain knobs at unity, 20Hz to 20kHz):
- Main Mix knob down, channel Level knobs down: -100dBu (-104dB SNR, ref +4dBu)
- Main Mix knob unity, channel Level knobs down: -93dBu (-97dB SNR, ref +4dBu)
- Main Mix knob unity, channel Level knobs unity: -91dBu (-95dB SNR, ref +4dBu)
- FireWire Through (Record + Playback) Dynamic Range:
- 0dBu mic input, to DAW, routed back to mixer direct to Control Room, all gain stages unity, 20Hz to 20kHz:
- All sample rates: -103dB
- Frequency Response:
- Mic input to main output (all gain stages at unity): +0, -1dB, <10Hz to 80kHz; +0, -3dB, <10Hz to >100kHz
- Channel line input to any output (all gain stages unity): +0/-1dB, 20Hz to 20k
- FireWire in and out (mic input to FireWire send, returned to Control Room, all gain stages at unity):
- 44.1kHz sample rate: +/-0.5dB, 20Hz to 20k, -3dB at 21kHz
- 96kHz sample rate: +/-0.5dB, 20Hz to 20k, -3dB at 45kHz
- Distortion (THD+N):
- 20Hz to 20kHz, 20Hz to 80kHz bandwidth
- Mic input at insert: (+4dBu in, 0dB gain, +4dBu out): 0.005%
- Mic input at insert: (-10dBu in, +20dB gain, 20Hz to 20kHz bandwidth) 0.0007%
- Stereo channel line input to any output: (+4dBu in, all gain stages at unity +4dBu out): 0.005%
- FireWire in and out (+4dBu in, mic input to FireWire send, returned to Control Room, all gain stages at unity):
- 44.1kHz sample rate: 0.02%, 10Hz to 20kHz
- 96kHz sample rate: 0.02%, 10Hz to 10kHz 0.05%, 10kHz to 47kHz
- Attenuation and Crosstalk:
- Main Mix knob down: -80dBu
- Channel Alt/Mute switch engaged: -96dBu
- Channel Level knob down: -96dBu
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR):
- Mic input to insert, max gain, 1kHz: >70dB
- Maximum Input Levels:
- Mic input, gain at unity (0dB): +21dBu
- Mic input, gain at max (60dB): ”38dBu
- Line input, gain at -20dB: +30dBu
- Instrument input, gain at -20dB: +21dBu
- Tape input: +21dBu
- Aux return: +21dBu
- Maximum Output Levels:
- All outputs: +21dBu
- Low: ±15dB at 80Hz
- Lo-Mid frequency: 100Hz to 2kHz
- Lo-Mid gain: ±15dB
- Hi-Mid frequency: 400Hz to 8kHz
- Hi-Mid gain: ±15dB
- High: ±15dB at 12kHz
- Sample Rates Available: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Buffer Size: 32 (44.1kHz and 48kHz only), 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 samples
- Resolution: 24-bit
- 4-segment pre-fader channel meters: OL (+18dBu), +10, 0, -20dBu
- 12-segment pre-fader Control Room meters: OL (+20dBu), +15, +10, +6, +3, 0, -2, -4, -7, -10, -20, -30 (0dB = 0dBu)
- Input Impedance:
- Mic input: 2.7 kOhms balanced
- Hi-Z input: 1 MOhms unbalanced
- Mono channel line input: 30 kOhms balanced, 15 kOhms unbalanced
- Stereo aux returns: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Tape in: 20 kOhms unbalanced
- Output Impedance:
- Main XLR output: 150 Ohms balanced
- Phones output: 25 Ohms
- Channel Inserts: 150 Ohms
- Tape Output: 2 kOhms
- All other outputs: 300 Ohms (balanced)
- AC Power Requirements:
- Power Consumption: 50W
- Universal AC Power Supply: 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Dimensions and Weight:
- Height: 7.59" / 192.7mm
- Width: 17.50" / 444.6mm
- Depth: 26.24" / 666.7mm
- Weight: 35lb. / 15.9kg
- Windows XP
- Pentium / Athlon 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- OSX 10.4.8 or higher
- G4, G5, Intel 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.