- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Midas KT-DANTE64 Audinate Dante Network Module
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J39294 000000000 J39294000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The KT-DANTE64 network module provides Audinate Dante compatibility for the Klark Teknik DN9650 and DN9652 Network Bridges, and features up to 64 or ...Click To Read More About This Product
Essential hub for Dante-enabled systems.
The KT-DANTE64 network module provides Audinate Dante compatibility for the Klark Teknik DN9650 and DN9652 Network Bridges, and features up to 64 or 32 bidirectional channels at 48 kHz or 96 kHz respectively. KT-DANTE64 offers high performance direct-to-computer audio recording, flexible routing and true Plug and Play technology with low latency, low jitter and submicrosecond synchronization. Dante is Internet Protocol (IP) compliant, which allows operation over conventional Ethernet networks running on off-the-shelf computer networking hardware, and does not require dedicated network infrastructure.
Dante’s Zero configuration protocol allows Dante-enabled devices to identify and configure themselves automatically when connected to a network. Dante-enabled devices discover one another over the network and learn each other’s capabilities, including the number of input and output channels, sample rates and bit depths supported. A Dante-enabled device connected to a network will also automatically setup its own network configuration.
Dante Virtual Soundcard
Dante Virtual Soundcard allows the direct connection of a computer for recording, processing and playback using any audio application and any combination of Dante-enabled devices. Dante Virtual Soundcard uses a standard Ethernet port, so no additional audio interface hardware is required. Dante Virtual Soundcard enables audio routing to diff erent destinations and devices for up to 64 channels of uncompressed bidirectional audio. Dante Virtual Soundcard is ideally suited for virtual soundchecks, and live playback and recording applications.
KT-DANTE64 features both Primary and Secondary interfaces for operation in dual redundant Dante networks. LED indicators are provided to indicate network activity and speed.
Precision Time Protocol
A network of Dante devices uses the IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) to synchronise their local clocks. A Dante device can be either a PTP Master clock or a PTP Slave clock. At least one device on a Dante network needs to operate as a PTP Master clock. Each Dante hardware device can derive its clock from either its high-quality onboard clock circuit, or an externally connected word clock. In the case of Dante Virtual Soundcard, the computer’s clock will be used. A Dante device with ’Slave to External Word Clock’ in Dante Controller set will become the PTP Master Clock, unless there is another Dante device present with “Preferred Master” set.
Dante Controller Software
Dante Controller is a free software application available from the Audinate web site that enables device configuration and audio routing on a Dante network. It provides essential device status information and powerful real-time network monitoring, including device-level latency and clock stability statics, multicast bandwidth usage and customised event logging, enabling the quick identification and resolution of any potential network issues. Dante Controller allows the backup, restore, move, and reuse of Dante network configurations using Presets, and the editing of Dante routing configurations offline.
- Audinate Dante* network module for KLARK TEKNIK DN9650 and DN9652 network bridges and MIDAS NEUTRON-NB expansion module
- Compatible with KLARK TEKNIK DN9650 and DN9652 network bridges and MIDAS NEUTRON-NB expansion module
- Enables multichannel recording and playback through Dante Virtual Soundcard (PC or Mac* computer)
- Primary and secondary Ethernet interfaces for dual-redundant Dante networking
- Operates from internal Dante network Precision Time Protocol (PTP) clock or external clock via host unit
- Optional Dante Controller software for remote configuration (PC or Mac computer)
- LED indicators monitor network activity and speed
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.