- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
M&K Sound MPS-1611P Powered Monitor
- Write a Review
- Product J04127
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MPS 1611P offers critical listeners precision monitoring for extended periods with extraordinary accuracy and smooth response with no listener fa...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Great for long mixing sessions without the fatigue.
The MPS 1611P offers critical listeners precision monitoring for extended periods with extraordinary accuracy and smooth response with no listener fatigue. This monitor is designed for busy studios, be they project or professional. No shriek, no rumble, just a clear picture of what is happening in your session at any playback level.
The M&K Sound Professional MPS 1611P is a more compact, less-expensive monitor based on the popular MPS 2510P. The bi-amplified, two-way, near- to-mid-field monitor is suitable for stereo and multichannel applications, is magnetically shielded and can be used with any M&K Sound Professional powered subwoofer.
These little speakers impress instantly, delivering an accurate, tonally neutral sound with natural dynamics and transient detail that combine to make it one of the most revealing two-way available. Input options are balanced XLR and single-ended phono, both buffered for simultaneous connections.
The tapered bass port can be fitted with a removable plug. With the plug in place, MPS 1611P becomes a sealed-cabinet design, producing even tighter bass, ideal for satellite-subwoofer configurations with one of M&K Sound' acclaimed powered subwoofers. With the plug removed, MPS 1611P becomes a stand-alone, full-range ported system. Extensive rear panel functions tailor the MPS 1611P' response for optimal room and system integration.
The Fixed/Variable gain switch is used in conjunction with the continuously variable gain control. Bass response can be switched between Full Range and Normal which attenuates low frequencies for use with a subwoofer. The 80Hz highpass filter is also useful with a subwoofer without bass management. The LED on the baffle appears brightest to the user when the cabinet is aligned properly relative to the monitoring position. Moderate price, modest footprint and reference level detail and transparency make the MPS 1611P the no-compromise choice for installations with space and/or budgetary constraints.
The MPS 1611P is a compact, high performance bi-amped active two-way, monitor loudspeaker utilizing a 1 polymer coated silk soft-dome, ferrofluid cooled dual-magnet tweeter with specially damped rear chamber, and a 6½ mineral-filled polypropylene cone, magnetically shielded, dual-magnet cast basket woofer. Featuring M&K Sound' proprietary Phase-Focused Crossover with Time domain Analysis, it provides amazing even dispersion of sound throughout a broad listening area with superior imaging and sound quality. Used by many noted Film and Music recording studios worldwide and delivers unparalleled transparency, accuracy, and dynamics while effortlessly handling voices, percussive effects, and musical instruments with life-like impact. Sealed or ported cabinet options as well as full range output or high-pass at 80 Hz.
- No fatigue
- Accurate and neutral
- Use with or without subs
- Buffered inputs
- High pass filter
A favorite in film and dubbing studios as well as in surround mixing applications.
- Input Impedance: 15 kOhm balanced
- 60 kOhm single-ended
- Fixed Input Sensitivity: 200 mV = 85 dB SPL @ 2 meters, balanced
- 100 mV = 85 dB SPL @ 2 meters, single-ended
- Variable Input Sensitivity: +24 dBu +6 dB: 85 dB SPL @1 m. (-6 dB) to 4 meters (+6 dB)
- Frequency Response: (anechoic) 80 Hz “ 22 kHz ±3 dB (sealed cabinet “ Normal setting)
- (wall or console loaded) 35 Hz “ 22 kHz ±3 dB (sealed cabinet “ Full Range setting)
- (wall or console loaded) 45 Hz “ 22 kHz ±3 dB (ported cabinet “ Normal setting)
- (wall or console loaded) 35 Hz “ 22 kHz ±3 dB (ported cabinet “ Full Range setting)
- Cabinet Type: Sealed
- Drivers: 1 silk dome ferrofluid double ferrite magnet tweeter
- 6.5 Ultra-linear polypropylene bass/mid
- Crossover Frequency: 1.6 kHz
- 80 Hz Filter Type: Butterworth, Q=.707
- 80 Hz Filter Slope: 12 dB/octave
- Power Amplifiers: Bi-amplified, mixed bipolar DMOS transistors
- Output, Bass/Mid Amp: 100 W, 8 Ohm @ 0.02% THD @ 100 Hz
- Output Tweeter Amp: 50 W, 4 Ohm@ 0.02% THD @ 3 kHz
- Recommended Power: 25 “ 400 Watts
- Finish: Black Satin
- Dimensions (HxWxD):: 12.6 x 8.4 x 12.1 incl. heatsink 32 x 21.3 x 30.7 cm
- Weight: 21 lb/ 9.4 kg.