Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Provides 24 high quality, 24-bit/96kHz analog inputs and outputs in a cost effective, single rack space package.
The MOTU 24I/O can be purchased as an expander for an existing PCI-424-based MOTU Audio System, or as a core system which includes the PCI-424 card and Audiodesk workstation software. This is the entire core system, not just the expander interface.
The MOTU 24I/O uses the same PCI-424 card that comes with the 2408mk3. You can connect up to four audio interfaces to a PCI-424 in any combination to create a system that fits your needs.
An ideal companion for the 2408mk3
The MOTU 24I/O adds 24 channels of high quality analog input and output to your MOTU Audio system. With that much I/O available, you can keep the outputs of your synthesizers and outboard effects patched into your computer at all times. It is a snap to route the output via the PCI-424 Console Software.
The PCI-424 card features a powerful DSP chip dedicated to creating a custom tailored monitor mix of up to 96 channels of 96kHz audio. Because the mixing takes place on the card itself, instead of making the round trip from the PCI bus to the host processor, the system provides the same near-zero latency performance as today's latest digital mixers. CueMix DSP completely eliminates the buffer latency associated with monitoring on host-based systems. Because the DSP is mixing for you, your computer's CPU is free for other tasks.
Cuemix DSP is the most flexible Cuemix ever, allowing you to mix multiple channels into multiple mix busses or directly assigned outputs. Manage your monitor mix with the intuitive Cuemix Console software included with the MOTU 24I/O.
Cuemix console greatly now provides independent level and pan controls for each input on every mix. Also, CuemixDSP does not limit you to four stereo mixes. You can configure a unique mix for every physical stereo output you have available. This means you can have up to 48 separate stereo mixes on a 96 output system.
Any MOTU Audiowire interface plugged into the PCI-424, including the original 2408, can take advantage of Cuemix's flexible monitoring.
The PCI-424 card included with MOTU 24I/O core systems is fully compatible with legacy MOTU interfaces originally designed for the PCI-324 card. Connect any MOTU PCI interface, including the 2408mk3, 2408mkII, 2408, 1296, 1224, MOTU 24I/O, and 308. Mix and match new and legacy interfaces as you please. All connected interfaces can take full advantage of the PCI-424's CueMix DSP features.
- Expandable “ connect up to four 24I/O units to a PCI-424 audio card for a total of 96 inputs and outputs. Use as many simultaneous channels as host software and computer allow.
- 100% compatible with all MOTU AudioWire interfaces. Mix and match MOTU audio interfaces (up to four at once) to meet your exact I/O needs.
- Drivers for Mac OS X and Windows “ provides multi-channel 24-bit I/O for all leading audio software on both computer platforms.
- Word clock “ resolves to time code or any other external time base via MOTU's Digital Timepiece synchronizer or any other standard digital audio synchronization device.
- Resolves directly to SMPTE time code (LTC) with fast lock-up and sub-frame accuracy.
Record, edit, mix, process, and master your tunes entirely inside your computer
24 I/O Core System PCIe Specifications:
- 24 analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS connectors
- 16, 20 and 24-bit recording at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz kHz
- ADAT sync input on PCI-424 card
- Word clock
- Includes cross-platform PCI-424 card
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 19 x 7 x 1.75 inches (48.26 x 17.78 x 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.