- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Musician's Gear Vinyl Restoration Package
- Write a Review
- Product 180214
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This affordable bundle is an excellent solution for DJ's or audiophiles who want an easy way to transfer their vinyl to a computer with the best soun...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Interface and noise reduction software for digitizing your vinyl collection.
This affordable bundle is an excellent solution for DJ's or audiophiles who want an easy way to transfer their vinyl to a computer with the best sound-quality results. The combination of ART's USBPhonoPlus v2 USB computer interface and Bias' SoundSoap 2 software, you can turn all your treasured 12" single LPs and other vinyl records, into an easy to manage and transfer electronic file, and clean up any noise blemishes, like clicks and pops, in the process.
Read on to learn more about each product and what it can do for you.
ART USBPhonoPlus v2 USB audio interface
The USBPhonoPlus v2 is a low-cost USB computer interface for transferring analog and digital audio source”especially from a turntable”to your computer. The USBPhonoPlus v2 adds more convenient pre- or post-monitor source selection and a variable headphone level control to the already successful low noise RIAA standard A/D interface package.
The device is fully compliant with the USB 1.1 specification and uses USB adaptive mode for playback and USB asynchronous mode for audio recording applications enabling a successful transfer from LP to a digital format every time. Optical TOSLINK inputs and outputs, as well as S/PDIF inputs, allow it to act as a convenient digital audio-to-USB interface and/or standard line-level analog audio/USB conversion tool.
Housed in a robust, black anodized-aluminum case, the USBPhonoPlus v2 audio interface can be powered by either an external power supply or directly from a PC-based USB host port for added convenience. It ships with a CD-ROM of the audio recording utility Audacity.
Bias SoundSoap 2
BIAS SoundSoap 2 scrubs audio squeaky clean. Best of all, while the software uses incredibly advanced technology to do its magic, you don't need to be an audio expert. Just click the one-step Learn Noise button, and watch it automatically clean your audio. Or fine tune the intuitive controls for even more professional results in just seconds.
SoundSoap's Noise Tuner control helps you tune in the hiss and other background noise you want to remove, much like tuning in a radio station. The Learn Noise button will automatically set this control for you. Or, if you like, you can grab it and adjust it manually. The only button you really need to know is Learn Noise. In less than 3 seconds, the software will automatically profile any noise in your signal and adjust the Noise Tuner and Noise Reduction knobs to their ideal settings.
The optimal amount of noise reduction is set automatically (once you click the Learn Noise button). You can also manually adjust the noise reduction. A low setting is good for subtle noise control; for bigger problems, just crank it up and listen to the noise evaporate.
Just how much cleaning is taking place? The unique Wash Window lets you listen and watch while it goes to work. The left side of the SoundSoap Display shows the unprocessed signal, while the right side shows it after it's been cleaned up. (Blue = desired audio signal; red = noise.)
The Mode selection lets you choose whether SoundSoap is on or off. You can also listen to just the offending noise (Noise Only); this can be very handy for adjusting the Noise Tuner while preserving the desired sound.
Soundsoap works on more than just vinyl records too. Making a road movie and need to remove tire noise? Burning CDs from your old tape collection? A perfect narration, except for that annoying air conditioner? Whether you're shooting videos, building websites, creating presentations, or making music, SoundSoap will dramatically reduce tape hiss, buzzing, hum, rumble, and most other types of background noise.
Professional recording engineers know that very low-frequency noise, called "rumble," can be just as troublesome as tape hiss and other higher-frequency noise. With one click on the Remove Rumble button, rumble is practically eliminated, such as an idling truck, or any similar such noise below 40Hz.
Incorporating noise elimination during the music production process is extremely important since few things can ruin a fine recording as much as a loud hum, typically introduced by electrical interference from fluorescent lights or inferior wiring. Now, when hum raises its ugly head, chop it off with one click of the Remove Hum button. Choose 60Hz (for North America and most other regions with 120 VAC electricity) or 50Hz (for most regions with 220 VAC electricity).
In standalone mode, the program operates as its own application and is able to process the sound of almost any digital video or audio file including QuickTime, DV (camcorder format), MOV, WAV, AIFF, SDII. There's no better, faster, or easier way to clean up your audio files or video soundtracks.
From vinyl to ambient audio for a movie, SoundSoap 2 will clean 'em all.
- Left and right analog ins switchable between phono and line
- RIAA standard inputs for turntables
- Switchable low-cut filter
- Front gain trim
- Signal/clip LED
- Front-panel USB monitor/headphone jack
- Rear optical out
- Source monitoring
- Optical TOSLINK ins and outs
- S/PDIF ins
- No special drivers needed
- Ships with Audacity audio recording software
- USB 1.1 computer audio interface
- Anodized aluminum case
- An ideal audio companion for almost any digital camcorder, video editing software, audio CD burning software, digital audio workstation; audio-enabled website; presentation software; or other multimedia application
- Works as a standalone application or can run as a fully integrated plug-in with any compatible DirectX or VST host program ” including BIAS Peak, Vegas Video, Cubase, and others
- Easy and intuitive workspace makes cleaning audio a snap while unique Wash Window shows how well it works
- Removes hiss, hum, buzzing, rumble, and most other noise without harming the audio you want to preserve
- One-step Learn Noise button can automatically reduce noise, or use the manual controls for more advanced applications
- Standalone version works with most QuickTime compatible audio or video files (DV, WAV, SDII, AIFF, MOV)
- Preserve Voice button helps remove noise (and other audio) outside of the range of the human voice
- Hum removal optimized for 60Hz (North America, etc.) or 50Hz (Europe, Australia, etc.)
- Noise Only mode lets you listen only to the noise being removed and is ideal for fine-tuning the controls
With this package deal, you'll be cleaning up your sound, not cleaning out your pocketbook.
- Works with the USB audio device drivers in PC Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP, Mac OS9.1 or greater (with native USB support) or any OS-X based system
- G3 or G4 Apple Macintosh desktop, PowerBook, or iBook (>400 MHz processor recommended)
- Macintosh OS 10.2 minimum
- Plug-In mode requires compatible OS X VST host application
- Pentium III desktop or laptop (>600 MHz processor recommended)
- Windows XP Home or Professional
- Plug-In mode requires compatible VST or DirectX host application
- 128 MB RAM minimum
- 20 MB available disk space
- Standalone mode requires QuickTime 6 player (included)