- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MusicXPC M3X PM 2.0 Laptop 2GB RAM 100GB HD
- Write a Review
- Product 242081
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MusicXPC Professional M3 Production Laptop is a sleek, stylish, super-fast mobile notebook ideal for digital music production. It features a beau...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A mobile speed demon optimized for the music producer on the run.
The MusicXPC Professional M3 Production Laptop is a sleek, stylish, super-fast mobile notebook ideal for digital music production. It features a beautiful silver and black exterior, light weight, and fast operation. With the M3 you will complete projects in ProTools, Cubase, or Sonar with greater speed and operate your production schedule with the peace of mind that comes from the industry's best backup and restoration utility. Apart from being a top performer for music software, the M3 is mainstream with everything you would expect like USB 2.0, FireWire, Wireless LAN, PC Card Slot, etc., and other features you may not, like Gigabit LAN, DVD+/-RW and live telephone support.
The M3 notebook features an Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz CPU, an 80GB 5,400rpm hard drive, 512MB of DDR333 RAM (expandable to 2GB), a 15.4" WXGA wide angle screen that gives you visibility even at off-axis points of view. The M3 comes with a recovery utility that stores the system factory settings outside of the Windows OS world in a host-protected area of the hard drive. This allows you to restore the M3 to the factory even if the hard drive has been accidentally re-formatted. The M3 has Gigabit LAN to improve workflow and play projects stored on other computers via Ethernet; built in 8X DVD+/-RW burner for archiving and more and more and more.
The MusicXPC computers excel and differ from most off-the-shelf PCs and Macs in these key areas:
1. VERY QUIET OPERATION
The Professional M3 is very quiet. Part of the secret of this silence is the presence of a heat-pipe that moves heat away from the CPU using convection instead of loud fans. A small temperature-controlled fan is then used to cool the extremity of the heat-pipe which causes more heat to flow away from the CPU. This is simple, smart, and effective and results in a super quiet notebook.
2. HIGH PERFORMANCE
Without power you cannot realize the boundaries of your imagination. The Professional M3 delivers enormous power in terms of track counts and simultaneous plug-in tests. The Pentium M CPU blazes through CPU intensive tasks like Virtual Instruments and Effects Plug-ins. The machine delivers scores and scores of audio tracks.
3. TWEAKED FOR MUSIC
MusicXPC Professional is made for demanding media production professionals. It's not a laptop you would purchase for organizing photos or playing back MP3s, this is a machine for professional audio recording, mixing, mastering, and media creation. The entire operating system has been configured for recording and playing back digital media using the popular professional software used by today's media professional. Windows XP services that are not needed are turned OFF and the ones needed are turned ON. Out of the box, the M3 is ready for production because MusicXPC has already tweaked it to perfection.
In a busy music production workspace the most critical piece of equipment is the media computer. When it is not working properly then you cannot work properly. At times, the introduction of new software and changes to the configuration can lead to downtime and disaster. When disaster strikes your MusicXPC you can recover the system to previous working configurations with a few simple keystrokes. The recovery data is protected and user configurable so you can say bye-bye to downtime.
- Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz CPU
- 80GB 5,400rpm hard drive
- 512MB of DDR333 RAM (expandable to 2GB)
- 15.4" WXGA wide angle screen
- Recovery utility
- 8X DVD+/-RW burner
- USB 2.0
- Wireless LAN
- PC Card Slot
- Gigabit LAN
- Silver and black exterior
- Light weight
- Fast operation
- Live telephone support
- MODEM: V.92/56kbps. Compliant and 14.4kbps Send/Receive Fax with MDC solution
- LAN: board 10/100/1000M bps (Realtek RTL8110SBL)
- WIRELESS LAN: Wireless LAN 802.11b/g, module integrated for Mini-PCI interface.
- I/O PORTS
- 3 USB 2.0 ports
- VGA monitor display port, 15 pins
- RJ-11 phone jack for 56Kbps V.92 Modem port
- RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port
- Kensington lock
- TV-Out (S-Video)
- 4 FireWire  ports, [1 on notebook, 3 on included PC Card]
- 3-in-1 card reader for SD-host/MMC/MS
- Dimensions: 14-1/5" x 10" x 1-3/10" (360mm x 265mm x 33mm)
- Weight: 6.5 lbs. (2.9kg)
- AC ADAPTER: Universal AC adapter. 90-264V AC, 47-63HZ
- 65W with 19V DC output
- 3 pin type for AC inlet and AC plug
- 8 cell LI-ION of 18650 size battery pack w/ 65WH(14.8V x 4400mAh) capacity
- Battery life: 4.5 hrs min
- Charge time 2.5 hrs max. (System off or suspend at room temperature)
- Smart Battery Compliant
- MOUSE: Optical Mouse included
- FIREWIRE CARD: 3-port FireWire PC card bus (6-pin)
- Operating temperature: 0 ” 35C
- Storage temperature: -20 - 65C
- Humidity: Operating: 10 - 90% without condensation
- Altitude: Operating sea level to 10,000 ft, Storage sea level to 40,000