- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MusicXPC Pro M5x Laptop Computer
- Write a Review
- Product 241816
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MusicXPC Pro M5x Laptop is the big brother of the Pro M5 computer, giving you a second gig of DDR2 667 RAM and 40 GB more hard drive space to wor...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A mobile, professional-level laptop for busy music producers who are constantly moving between studios and home.
The MusicXPC Pro M5x Laptop is the big brother of the Pro M5 computer, giving you a second gig of DDR2 667 RAM and 40 GB more hard drive space to work with. Just like its sibling the Pro M5x Laptop is a high-powered computer specifically built for speed, durability, and mobility. It's perfect for musicians who need a professional-level studio that's mobile.
The Pro M5x computer's beautiful, sleek design, coupled with its overwhelming power and speed makes it an ideal companion for busy music producers constantly moving between studio and home. The Pro M5x laptop runs quietly thanks in part to the Intel Core 2 Duo CPU with 2GB of DDR2 667 RAM [expandable to 4GB] which gives it blazing speed with less heat.
The MusicXPC Pro M5x was specially modified for music production, allowing it to run large projects in Cubase, ProTools, Sonar, Reason, and other studio programs with no lag. It has a 160GB 7,200rpm 8MB cache hard drive giving you plenty of space for saving your work, and a 15.4" WXGA wide angle, non-glare screen that gives you visibility even at off-axis points of view. It also allows you to operate your production schedule with the peace of mind that comes from one of the most reliable backup and restoration utilities available.
Besides being a solid performer with music software, the Pro M5 has everything you'd expect from a mainstream laptop, like USB 2.0, FireWire, Wireless LAN, PC Card Slot, Gigabit LAN, 8X DVD+/-RW DVD-ROM, and much more. Some of these key features are discussed in more detail below.
8X Dual Layer DVD Optical Drive
This great laptop ships with an 8X CD/DVD+/-RW recordable optical drive that does it all - whip through CD authoring tasks or quickly make backups of your audio projects to dual-layer DVD discs. The drive records data up to 4.7GB per side on DVD media and supports all kinds of formats: DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM, CD-R, CD-RW. The Super-Multi also reads most DVD and CD formats, including DVD+R/+RW. Buffer Under-run Protection and UltraDMA support ensure fast, reliable writing every time.
The Pro M5x would not be a MusicXPC if it didn't have components carefully selected to generate the whisper quiet operation music producers desire, deserve, and demand. Each generation of computing technology kicks it up a notch with respect to speed in all areas, and this speed comes with a price - heat. To keep things cool, most computers utilize fans which only brings with them an army of noise. The Pro M5x's hard drive has SoftSonic FDB motors which deliver virtually inaudible operating acoustics. A heat-pipe on the CPU conducts heat away from using simple convection so everything remains quiet.
Tested and True
The MusicMPX engineer's load the latest versions ProTools, SONAR, Nuendo and other top-shelf music production software on their systems in a never-ending quest to optimize performance within both the applications and the OS. The Pro M5x is heavily 'tweaked' for music production. Services that are not needed for music are disabled and while the ones needed to ensure the highest level of performance for music production and intensive hard disk recording are enabled. This intense testing phase means you can simply unpack your new unit, install your software, get started making music with no adjustments necessary to your CPU.
The 4 USB 2.0 ports are built into the side of the laptop (instead of the rear) to protect them from damage caused by lifting the front of the laptop. But that's not all you get. There's a 15-pin VGA monitor port, FireWire and RJ-45 Ethernet Gigabit LAN ports on the sides too. There's also a line in, a microphone in, DC-in, line out, S-video port, RJ-11 phone jack for a modem, and even a built-in camera for teleconferencing. As if that weren't enough, a PC Card slot keeps the M5x compatible with the PCM-CIA world, Express Card Slot ties it to the future with EC54 and 34 support and the 4-in-1 media card slot (SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro) makes it a computer ready for every application.
Host Protected Backup/Restore
Setting it apart from other music computers is the inclusion of an almost magical backup/restore facility with the power to turn a nightmare of tears into a sigh of relief. You can easily survive major computer horrors and crashes by restoring the computer in minutes rather than weeks. How is this possible? Before a Professional M5x is born, a special section called the Host Protected Area [HPA] is created on the main hard drive specifically to hold the original factory image as well as future user created backup images. This is followed by the installation of the Windows XP section of the drive. The HPA is "Hidden Zone" invisible to the Windows OS and cannot be erased or tampered with by normal operations. This preserves and protects the backups and factory images from damage, accidents, viruses, and deletions. Even if you format the main hard drive, the HPA cannot be deleted. So, after a fatal computer crash, if you ever had one, you can simply invoke a restore procedure to a previous image stored in the HPA.
MusicXPC takes the trouble out of making music in a demanding studio environment by making triple sure that the system will work in 95% of all conditions. This gives you unprecedented power and flexibility right out of the box with no upgrades necessary. In the end, you get to spend more time thinking about and making your music instead of installing drivers. With all the bases covered, you can buy a MusicXPC Professional with the peace of mind that it will do the job without fear of you losing yours.
- Optimized for music production
- Works with all high-end music creation software
- Innovative back-up system ensures you never lose your work
- 8X Dual Layer DVD optical drive
- PC card slot
- Gigabit LAN
- Lots of I/O including 4 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire, mic-in, line out, S-video, and more
- Extremely silent thanks to heat-pipe which conducts head away from CPU
- Ready to go out of the box
- Built-in, 2-channel Intel HD Audio Controller (Realtek ALC268)
- Auto-sense jack capability
- Keyboard control
- Capable of playing CDs while LCD panel closed
- Speakers: Two speakers 2W
- PC Card Bus: 3-in-1 built-in card reader
- Modem: V.92/56Kbps, Compliant and 14.4Kbps Send/Receive Fax with MDC solution
- LAN: Gigabit LAN10/100MBps
- Wireless LAN: Wireless LAN 802.11b/g, module integrated for Mini-PCI interface
- 4 USB 2.0ports, VGA monitor display port, 15pins
- RJ-11 phone jack for 56Kbps V.92 Modem port
- RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port
- Kensington lock
- TV-Out (S-Video)
- 1 on notebook, 3 on included PC Card
- 4-in-1 card reader [SD/MMC/MS/MSPro]
- Universal AC adapter. 90-264V AC, 47-63HZ
- 75W with 19 VDC output
- Dimension: 108mm x 25.9mm x 45.5mm
- Weight: 0.56g
- 3-pin type for AC inlet and AC plug
- 6 cell LI-ION of 18650 size w/75WH (11.1V x 4800mAh) capacity
- Battery life: 4.5hrs. max. (2.5hrs. max for DAW applications asset by MusicXPC)
- Charge time: 2.5hrs. max. (System off or suspend at room temperature)
- Smart Battery Compliant
- Mouse: Optical Mouse included
- FireWire Card: 3-port FireWire PC card bus (6-pin)
- Environment: Operating temperature: 0”35C
- Storage temperature:-20-65C
- Humidity: Operating: 10-90% without condensation
- Altitude: Operating sea level to 10,000ft., Storage sea level to 40,000ft.