- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Native Instruments FM8 Soft Synth
- Write a Review
- Product 700327
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
FM8's emphasis on ease-of-use brings a high degree of simplicity to the otherwise intricate process of FM synthesis. The powerful new audio engine de...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
De-mystifies and simplifies the process of FM synthesis.
FM8's emphasis on ease-of-use brings a high degree of simplicity to the otherwise intricate process of FM synthesis. The powerful new audio engine delivers unsurpassed quality, generating a livelier, more energetic sound than ever before.
A central aspect of FM8 is usability. The "Easy Edit Page" offers a clearly designed interface with simple controls that adjust more complex parameters automatically, allowing you to take a far more musical approach to FM synthesis. The more detailed editing pages have been improved for easier handling and are all accessible with just one click. FM8 lets you play straight away!
The FM8 offers an unprecedented range of features and effects. The classic metallic leads, crystalline chimes, tight basses and enchanting rhythmic sounds are just the beginning. A unique arpeggiator, a revolutionary sound morphing feature and a large selection of new, charismatic effects add countless sound-shaping possibilities. The sonic potential of FM8 goes well beyond the confines of conventional FM synthesis.
Included with FM8 are over 960 ready-to-play factory presets. From clean, dynamic, percussive sounds to pads, leads, brass and piano sounds, the presets exemplify the strengths of FM synthesis. Also included are a number of effect rack, sound morphing and arpeggio presets. The integrated KoreSound Browser makes managing the KORE-configured presets fast and easy. Simply search and you will find - instantly.
Update from FM7
Taking the lively energetic sound of FM synthesis, the FM8 adds untold flexibility and ease-of-use. Creative new features expand its sonic potential beyond all expectations”the sound of FM synthesis will never be the same again. The following is brief summary of the new and improved features in FM8.
Quick and easy
The FM8 is the ideal starting point for beginners into the world of FM synthesis: sounds can be quickly and easily altered using the intuitive controls on the "Easy Edit Page". The synthesizer is however equally suited to experts in the field: operator details and the full range of advanced, editable parameters are all available and accessible within a vastly improved hierarchy.
Browsing FM8's sounds
All 960 presets have been pre-configured for use with KORE and categorised as KoreSounds. The KoreSound Browser brings a high degree of simplicity and speed to the task of finding and managing presets. Browse and filter according to a number of different sonic criteria and attributes or just enter a keyword or phrase in the free search mode”the results are displayed instantly.
The sound morphing feature is incredibly simple yet unbelievably powerful. Just drag'n'drop sounds directly from the KoreSound Browser onto the four corners and you can now 'morph' your current preset with the timbres of the additional sounds you selected. The movements can of course be automated. An ingeniously creative way of designing completely new and fluctuating sounds.
Patterns and Accents
The powerful, programmable arpeggiator offers a matrix of up to 32 steps. Similar to a step sequencer, it automatically adds explosive patterns and accents to the notes you play”instantly instilling your productions with that extra edge.
In addition to FM 7's effects, the new rack includes over 10 new effects: from talk wah, phaser and flanger to tremolo, reverb and pitch-able delay”it's all in there. The effects rack allows you to add your personal touch to any sound. From pristine and pure to the roughest, dirtiest sonic creations, these effects take the FM8 way beyond the stereotypical sound of FM synthesis.
- Award-winning FM synthesizer with extended sound architecture and high-quality mode
- KoreSound Browser for easy searching of 960 KORE-configured presets (Incl. FM7 Sounds Vol I & II)
- FM8 uses the KoreSound format, ensuring perfect integration with KORE
- Optimized user interface for quick and convenient sound editing
- Powerful, graphical sound morphing feature for easy creation of sophisticated, evolving sounds
- Extremely versatile arpeggiator for intuitive generation of intricate patterns
- Quick-access effects rack with 12 high-quality effects, such as phaser, flanger, tube amp, overdrive, delays, EQs
- Enhanced graphical envelopes with 32 stages, looping and tempo synchronisation
- Full-matrix modulation: freely adjustable algorithm structure with 6 operators plus distortion and analog filter operators
- Reads and reproduces classic FM sound programs of yesteryear such as the DX and TX series
- Stand-alone, Audio Units, VST, RTAS , DXi, Core Audio, DirectSound ,ASIO
- System Requirements:
- Mac OSX 10.4.x, G4 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM
- Windows XP, Pentium or Athlon 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM
- CD-ROM drive
- Universal Binary for Mac included!