Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Neumann KM 184 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Matte Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Matte Black
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The global studio standard for drum overhead miking.
Although the KM 184 has the same capsule as the KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0 frequency response: The KM 184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz (which brings out the sizzle in cymbals), a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140. The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band. This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances.
With the same transformerless circuitry as is used in the KM 100 system, the KM 184 has excellent technical specifications. Compared to the KM 84 the dynamic range of the KM 184 increased by 24 dB mainly through the reduction of self-noise level to only 22 dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handling capability of up to 138 dB. The KM 184 mic will operate without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT recorders. The output is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The KM 184 is a good economical alternative choice for users looking for a high-quality miniature microphone. You don't have to give up the electroacoustic features you expect from a Neumann microphone!
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Transformerless circuitry
- Trouble-free operation even with unbalanced equipment
- Balanced output
- phantom powered (48V)
KM 184 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 15 mV/Pa*
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 22 dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 13 dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 72 dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 81 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10 dBu
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 80 g
- Diameter: .86", 22 mm
- Length: 4.2", 107 mm
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.