- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Olympus LS-20M HD Video/Audio Recorder
- Write a Review
- Product H75255
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Olympus LS-20M Linear PCM recorder makes it easy to add creative flair to any recording with the introduction of high-definition video. Record a ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
High-definition video and pristine audio recording.
The Olympus LS-20M Linear PCM recorder makes it easy to add creative flair to any recording with the introduction of high-definition video. Record a live recital, create home movies and upload amazing linear PCM audio and high-definition video with the new Olympus LS-20M. Incorporating technologies much like those that debuted in recent Olympus digital imaging products, the new LS-20M is the first Olympus recorder that captures and edits 1080p HD video while recording 24-bit/96kHz Linear PCM stereo sound. Combined with four different optional Magic Movie special effects features, the LS-20M enables users to create home movies that look and sound like professional productions in a device that' so compact it fits in your pocket.
Lights, Camera, Action
The new Olympus LS-20M takes handheld recording to a new dimension with HD video. By combining Olympus™ superior audio capabilities, cutting-edge design and the outstanding optical performance expected from Olympus, this all-in-one handheld offers the versatility and practicality you need.
Olympus is creating more ways for consumers to share memories and express themselves through video. Users can capture full HD movies utilizing one of three video format settings up to 1080p for stunning HD video clarity. The camera lens and microphones are located on top of the unit “ just point the device in the direction of the intended object and hit record. A crisp, 2.0-inch color LCD on the front of the device clearly displays the video as its being shot. Below the video LCD is a1.46-inch LCD data screen that displays time, audio levels and battery life. Want to record a live recital that looks and sounds like a professional ballet? The LS-20M can do that, just point and record.
The HD video compression format makes it easy to upload videos to Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Vimeo and other web-based content sharing sites, and the resolution offers remarkable detail on modern home theatre systems. The camera features a 4.1mm (16:9 at 49mm, 4:3 at 59mm) autofocus lens and 4x digital zoom delivering premium video no matter where you are shooting. The Olympus LS-20M allows users to record in low light for more dramatic footage and also offers close-up video shooting. The combination of video and audio excellence has an infinite number of possibilities. Record a close-up of a hummingbird in HD video and set it to your own sound track of better-than-CD quality audio.
The LS-20M captures rich, dynamic sound with its two condenser mics, and the ability to record in Linear PCM (WAV files) and MP3 formats. Use internal or external microphones to record better-than-CD quality audio for movies that sound like they were made in a Hollywood studio. The recording features don™t stop at amazing sound quality. For your convenience, the Olympus LS-20M offers manual or auto-level recording. The œauto level is perfect if you are recording from the crowd. Thanks to the manual level, musicians can capture optimal sound checks and live performances.
Certain settings, like crowded press conferences or a live show at a packed club can provide unwanted background noise that can later be incredibly frustrating. Thankfully, the Olympus LS-20M features a switchable low-cut filter that enables users to eliminate low-frequency sounds and unwanted background noises, like coughing. Collaborating musicians who want to monitor the recording progress on the fly can do so with the built-in speaker.
The Olympus LS-20M voice-activation feature automatically starts a recording when a certain level of sound is reached. The self-timer feature starts the recording process after a predetermined amount of time; both are ideal for recording a performance or video without having to operate the recorder.
Movie Making Magic
Specially designed to expand the potential of your creativity, the new, simple to operate, Magic Movie special effects technology turns scenes of everyday life into extraordinary images that are distinctive and compelling. Using technology from Olympus™ cameras, Magic Movie allows users to create exciting videos, then upload and share them with the world on YouTube or Facebook. Unleash your creative side by incorporating linear PCM audio with your own artistic expression.
The LS-20M optional Magic Movie special effects settings:
* Rock”create your own rock video! Step on stage with the classic Rock Magic Movie setting, featuring saturated black images and bright, bold background colors;
* Sketch”the Sketch Magic Movie setting turns your video into a living and breathing pencil drawing, reminiscent of some popular 80' videos. Sketch adds an artistic feel and poetic flavor to your recordings;
* Pinhole”the Pinhole Magic Movie setting allows users to record video with soft, darkened outside edges “ enhancing the subject in the center of the video. Pinhole is great for setting a mood to tie in with the melody or focus of your recorded sound;
* Pop”The Pop Magic Movie setting super-saturates colors to create a brighter, more vivid video recording. Turn your world into a work of pop art!
Powerful Punch in a Compact Package
The Olympus LS-20M features a lightweight, durable, black body with silver function buttons in a slim, pocket-size device that fits in your palm. At just 5.3inches long and 5.4 ounces, the LS-20M provides remarkable power in a convenient and portable size.
The attractive Olympus LS-20M is eye-catching and designed with ease-of-use in mind, with the control panel located just below the video and data LCDs. As the previous LS-series models, the record button lights up when activated and the thumb panel enables easy adjustments to settings while recording. A switch on the right side panel allows for easy transition from audio/video to audio-only recording.
Inputs at the base of the unit offer easy access to USB and HDMI connections. Plugging the device into a computer or tablet for fast video uploads couldn™t be easier.
The Olympus LS-20M is packaged with everything needed to make HD movies straight out of the box. It' equipped with a 2GB SD card, one rechargeable Lithium ion battery, a USB cable and an AC adapter. Plugging the LS-20M into a computer easily charges the battery. For added memory, the LS-20M can handle SDHC cards up to 32GB for long hours of movie making.
An optional RS-30W Wireless Remote empowers users to start and stop the recording of the Olympus LS-20M without touching the unit. This is ideal for live performances, as the device can be placed in an optimal recording position and activated at a distance.
Get started on your music video”order your LS-20M today!
- Voice: PCM (WAV) and MP3
- Movie: MOV
- Recording media: SD/SDHC card slot
- Recording time (2GB SD card) PCM: 55 min. @ 24-bit/96kHz; 3 hr. @ 16-bit/44.1kHz
- MP3: 12 hr. 45min. @ 320kbps; 16 hr/ @ 256kbps
- Shooting Time (2GB SD card): 15 min @ 1920 x 1080 30fps/24-bit/96kHz, 17 min. @ 16-bit/44.1kHz; 20 min: 1280 x 720 30fps/24-bit/96kHz, 30 min. @ 16-bit/44.1kHz; 1 hr. @ 640 x 480 30fps/ 320kbps 44.1kHz; 1 hr. @ 256kbps 44.1kHz
- Image sensor: 1/4 inch CMOS, 5.32 Mega Pixel
- Lens: 4.1mm (16:9 at 49mm, 4:3 at 59mm)
- LCD: 2.0" color
- USB: Hi-speed USB2.0
- Frequency response PCM 96kHz/24bit: 20Hz-44kHz
- Maximum headphone output: 3.0mW+3.0mW (at load of 16Î)
- Speaker: 16mm round dynamic speaker
- Maximum speaker output: 270mW (8Î load)
- Microphone Jack: 3.5mm dia (mini-jack)
- Earphone Jack: 3.5mm dia (mini-jack)
- Power Supply: Lithium Ion Battery / AC adapter
- Compatible OS (USB connection): Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 Mac OS X 10.4.11-10.6
- Size: 5-5/16" x 2-1/2" x 11/16" (134.7 x 62.8 x 18.2 mm)
- Weight: 5.4 oz. (154g), including batteries