- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
D5 S Supercardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone with On/Off Switch
Condition 1 - Mint
- 270476 004000000 270476004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The D5S has the same mechanical, electrical, and acoustic characteristics as the D 5 and features a noiseless on/off switch. The D5S dynamic vocal mi...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) A live performance vocal mic designed for singers in high-volume bands.
The D5S has the same mechanical, electrical, and acoustic characteristics as the D 5 and features a noiseless on/off switch. The D5S dynamic vocal microphone delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. A superb mic for lead and backing vocals. Its supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback. The mic stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix.
The thickness of the microphone's diaphragm varies across its diameter. The Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the pristine sound of your voice!
- Frequency response optimized for vocal use
- Integrated wind and pop screen for effective suppression of pop and breath noise
- Frequency independent supercardioid polar pattern for high gain before feedback
- Patented AKG Laminated Varimotion diaphragm
- Shock mounted transducer element reduces handling and cable noise
- Extremely resilient, spring-steel wire-mesh cap for extra impact resistance
- Noiseless on/off switch
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
- Frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/pa (-52 dbV re 1 V/Pa)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 147/156 dB SPL, (for 1%/3% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 76 db
- Impedance: <=600 ohms
Recommended load impedence: >=2000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions (length x diameter): 7.3" x 2.0", (179.1 mm x 51 mm)
- Net weight: 8.2 oz, (340 g)
- Patent(s): Varimotion ” multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637) (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL)
- Standard furnished: microphone bag, SA 45 stand adaptor
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.