- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ECLIPSE 384 Mastering AD/DA Converter
Condition 1 - Mint Silver
- Write a Review
- H88485 004001000 H88485004001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Antelope Audio is dedicated to pro audio equipment manufacturing, and helping people achieve high-definition sound in the recording studio. The Eclip...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Professional audio conversion with renowned 64-bit DSP clocking technology.
Antelope Audio is dedicated to pro audio equipment manufacturing, and helping people achieve high-definition sound in the recording studio. The Eclipse 384 is a product of this devotion. The Eclipse 384 is a high-end stereo AD/DA converter that is clocked by Antelope's renowned 64-bit technology, providing mixing and mastering engineers with an unprecedented level of productivity, sound, quality, and ease of use.
64-bit DSP Trinity-level clocks
The Eclipse comprises 384 kHz A/D & D/A converters clocked by two independent 64-bit DSP Trinity-level clocks. The fully integrated monitor controller employs 0.05 dB accurate gold-plated relay attenuators and provides speaker switching, bass management and cue mix functions with integrated talkback. The Eclipse also includes two dedicated headphone amplifiers and a custom USB interface, as well as two large peak meters on the front panel. The advanced software control panel compatible with both Mac & PC, allows five nameable presets for easy recall of favorite setups.
Studio and live
Master clocks are becoming more and more popular for use with digital consoles and recording equipment at concerts and live events. By using the Eclipse 384, a live sound engineer is able to provide sync reference for up to four different devices, while using the main D/A for backing material, the A/D with multiple digital outs feeding redundant recording systems, and monitor DAC to check the recording post A/D conversion.
Supreme audio quality and boosted efficiency
The unique dual-domain clocking system enables analog-based, more natural sounding sample rate conversion. The integrated patching/routing capabilities make monitoring of either analog or digital sources extremely simple, avoiding jitter, distortion and cabling noise. By eliminating the many input and output stages and the various power supplies, that would be present in separate devices, the noise floor can be substantially reduced and the audio quality significantly improved.
- 64-bit DSP Trinity-quality clocking
- Oven-controlled oscillator
- Factory calibrated to better than +/- 0.001 ppm stability
- Two independent sample rates
- Varispeed capability of +/- 200 cents
- 10M atomic clock input
- 384 kHz A/D & D/A converters
- A/D with Dynamic Range of 124dB
- D/A with Dynamic Range of 129dB
- Burr-Brown D/A conversion chip
- Two bypassable A/D inserts
- Custom USB 2.0 chip streaming up to 480 Mbits
- Three sets of switchable monitor outs
- Second dedicated monitor D/A
- Bass management with LFE output
- Precise input and output peak meters
- Talkback and cue mix functions
- Relay volume attenuator matched to 0.05 dB
Don't degrade your sound, convert your audio with high-definition results.
- 3 x Combo Balanced Analog (XLR / ¼ TRS)
- 2 x ¼ TRS A/D Insert points
- 1 x ¼ TRS Talkback
- 1 x ¼ TRS Foot switch
- 3 x AES/EBU on XLR. 32kHz to 192kHz @ 110 Ohms terminated
- 2 x S/PDIF on RCA. 32kHz to 192kHz @ 75 Ohms terminated
- 2 x TOSLINK on optical fiber: up to 96kHz
- 2 x Balanced XLR outputs from D/A Converter
- 3 x Balanced Outputs for monitors (1 x XLR and 2 x TRS)
- 1 x Balanced XLR LFE Out
- 2 x ¼ TRS Cue Mix Headphones
- 2 x ¼ TRS Front Headphones
- 2 x AES/EBU on XLR for the A/D converter out (32kHz to 192kHz; 384kHz for dual wire when 384kHz is selected in the clock) @ 110 Ohms terminated
- 2 x De-jittered AES/EBU on XLR (32kHz to 192kHz; 384kHz for dual wire when 384kHz is selected in the clock) @ 110 Ohms terminated
- 1 x De-jittered S/PDIF on RCA (32kHz to 192kHz) @ 75 Ohms terminated
- 1 x De-jittered TOSLINK on optical fiber: up to 96kHz
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed; Data stream up to 480Mbits/384kHz, Type B
- 1 x 10M Atomic Clock input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 44.1 - 384kHz
- 1 x Word Clock Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 44.1 - 384kHz
- 4 x Word Clock Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 44.1 - 384kHz square wave signal
- Dynamic Range: 129dB
- THD + N: 0.0004 %
- Dynamic Range: 123dB
- THD + N: 0.0004 %
- Clocking System:
- 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
- 64-bit DDS
- Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator
- Clocking Stability:
- <+/-0.02 ppm, oven controlled at 64.5ºC/ 148.1ºF
- Clock Aging < 1 ppm per year
- Clock Calibration <+/_0.001 ppm
- Atomic Clock Input 10MHz @ 1Vpp, BNC
- Sample Rates (kHz) 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384
- Clock Generators 2 Independent Clock Generators
- Varispeed +/-200 cents
- + 12.246 %
- 10.910 %
- Operating Temperature 0-50ºC/32- 122ºF
- Weight 8 kg/17,64 lb
- Dimensions (approx.) Width: 483 mm/19"
- Height: 88 mm/3.47"
- Depth: 282 mm/11.1"
- Power Supply AC Universal input 95-245VAC 20 Watts Max Consumption
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.