- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mix Tower Active Dual Mode 3-Way Monitor (Pair)
Condition 1 - Mint Cream
- J22399 004001000 J22399004001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Many modern production environments do not have the space for multiple speaker systems, so Avantone developed the MixTower, a dual purpose monitor an...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Switch between monitors and mains without switching speakers.
Many modern production environments do not have the space for multiple speaker systems, so Avantone developed the MixTower, a dual purpose monitor and loudspeaker system that is an extension of their renowned AVANTONE MIXCUBE. The custom MixCube driver is mounted in an isolated box the exact dimensions of the MixCube. Run in MixCube mode, the driver responds full range, just like the original MixCube. Run in 3-way mode, the driver is crossed over at 120Hz and 8000Hz to give the system a more natural studio monitor sound.
The AVANTONE MIXTOWER Studio Reference Monitors are designed to be dynamic, high SPL, high resolution, full-range active reference monitors. Avantone has included precise, no-compromise drivers in a compact format that complements modern production environments. Providing two distinct modes of operation, the MixTower allows full range monitoring and MixCube mode.
Studios primarily use 2-way and 3-way large monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels. However, in the newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small "bass-challenged" systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, iPod docking stations, etc.
It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing.
The Avantone MixTower allows the best of both worlds. Switching seamlessly between the original MixCube system and a full range system all in one stylish studio monitor. The MixCube is isolated in its own enclosure, identical to our existing design, and complemented by a 5.25" woofer and high quality air motion transformer activated by the included footswitch.
- Size: Near-field
- System type: Active
- Configuration: 3-way
- Low-frequency driver: 6.5"
- Mid-frequency driver: 5.25"
- High-frequency driver: 2"
- Full-range driver: Not applicable
- Driver type: Info not available
- Frequency response: 45Hz “ 38kHz
- Max peak SPL: 106dB
- Amplifier class: Class HD
- Output power: 200W
- Input connectors: XLR, TRS
- Standby mode: No
- Acoustic space control: No
- Power indicator: Yes
- Width: 7.5"
- Height: 18.75"
- Depth: 10"
- Weight: 23.3 lb.
- Enclosure type: Ported
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.