- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
7602 MKII MIC Pre / EQ Mic and Transformer Upgrade
Condition 1 - Mint
- 189918 004000000 189918004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Model 7602 MKII is the sequel to Chameleon Labs smash hit 7602 Microphone Preamplifier/Equalizer. The 7602 MKII new features include: selectable ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Offers increased performance to an already great studio tool.
The Model 7602 MKII is the sequel to Chameleon Labs smash hit 7602 Microphone Preamplifier/Equalizer. The 7602 MKII new features include: selectable mic impedance, LED input metering, upgraded knob styles, and two different power options-all of this for the same price as the original unit. The 7602 MKII ships with an inline power transformer (all regulation is done inside the unit). The rackmountable CPS-1 can also still be used, but is no longer required.
The Model 7602 MKII Microphone Preamplifier/Equalizer is based on a classic and revered design utilizing pure Class 'A' circuitry. This unit is made with 100% discrete components, hand wound transformers and was fabricated to precisely match vintage counterparts manufactured in the early to mid 70's. The Model 7602 MKII represents a dramatic breakthrough in delivering vintage audio performance at an affordable price.
The 7602 MKII Microphone Preamp and EQ adds a factory installed Carnhill mic and output transformers to the 7602 unit. This upgrade adds increased performance and functionality to the 7602 MKII (sold separately).
Equalizer Section (Selectable 3-band design with a flexible filter section):
Filter - This is a high pass filter with 3db loss at 300Hz, 160Hz, 80Hz, and 50Hz with an 18dB cut per octave slope.
Low Equalization - This section has a shelving slope with four frequency selections: 220Hz, 110Hz, 60Hz, and 35Hz. This equalizer affects the selected frequency and all others below it. The gain control provides 20dB of boost or cut.
Mid Equalization - This section has a peaking characteristic with six frequency selections: 360Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz, and 7.2kHz. The gain control provides 20dB of boost or cut.
High Equalization - This section has a shelving characteristic with five frequency selections: 16kHz, 12kHz, 7kHz, 4.9kHz and 3.4kHz. This section adjusts the selected frequency and all others above it. The gain control provides 20dB of boost or cut.
By employing classic circuit design, polystyrene capacitors, a gold contact ELMA gain selector and custom wound transformers, Chameleon Labs ensures that the Model 7602 MKII will exhibit classic audio sound.
The Model 7602 MKII has a transformer-balanced input with a range between 20dB and 80dB of gain. The separate line input is transformer balanced and accepts input levels from -20 to +10dB.
What Makes Chameleon Labs Different?
Chameleon Labs is a new type of company, focused on delivering performance and value at a price previously thought impossible. How do they do it? By reinventing how global manufacturing is approached. Chameleon Labs engineers are not inexperienced kids in a garage, buying products that are designed and built in China. Chameleon Labs is comprised of audio professionals with many decades of experience in high-end pro audio gear. From its inception seven years ago, they pioneered the idea of "blended technology", using top-notch parts from the US, UK, and Europe combined with low-cost metalwork and assembly from China. This combination enables a superior performance level at a low price point.
Every Chameleon Labs product is first created and engineered here in the U.S. The goal is to achieve a specific sound through tedious testing in major U.S. recording studios and listening to numerous tracks and/or mixes with a very specific sonic target in mind. A new design must impress the best and brightest of our evaluation group before it ever reaches the factory floor.
- Fully balanced transformer mic and line inputs
- Balanced XLR output
- Hi-Z direct input for instruments on the front panel
- LED input metering
- Selectable mic impedance switch (300 or 1200 Ohms)
- 48VDC phantom power switch
- 180 degree phase reversal switch
- 20 position gold contact ELMA rotary gain switch for both Mic and Line sections
- Output level control functions as a fader when going straight to tape
- Carnhill mic and output transformer option
- One-year warranty
Get better studio tracks now!
- Input impedance: Microphone ” 300 & 1,200 ohms
- Line ” 10,000 ohms
- D.I. ” 100,000 ohms
- Sensitivity: Microphone ” -80dBm to -20 dBm in 5dB steps for 0 dBm output.
- Line ” -20 dBm to +10 dBm in 5 dB steps for 0 dBm output.
- Noise: Measured at 80dB of gain with 200 ohm input termination, without 20Hz to 20kHz to assist in filtering out noise.
- -49dBu with final output stage at 50% EIN -129 dbu;
- -46dBu with final output stage at unity EIN -126 dBu;
- -56dBu without final output stage EIN -136 dbu.
- Controls either "flat" or switched out.
- Output: Balanced and floating to feed a 600 ohm load.
- Maximum output +26dBm into 600 ohms, or +20dBm into 150 ohms.
- Output impedance: 600 ohms, balanced (source impedance 75 ohms).
- Frequency Response: 11Hz ” 77.65kHz ” 3dB.
- Level variation is less than 0.2%.
- Distortion: 1k Hz = 0.0245%
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.