- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sound Grabber II PZM Condenser Microphone
Condition 2 - Blemished Regular 190839380685
- Write a Review
- #H73917 005000001 H73917005000001
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Crown Sound Grabber II is a Pressure Zone Microphone that works great with camcorders, picking up clearer sound than built-in microphones. Other ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Pressure zone microphone for budget applications such as recording conferences and speeches.
The Crown Sound Grabber II is a Pressure Zone Microphone that works great with camcorders, picking up clearer sound than built-in microphones. Other uses include "no-fuss" music recording just place it on the floor near the musical ensemble. Because the PZM is placed on a flat surface, it doesn't suffer from comb-filtering issues that occur with spot or room miking when sounds bounce of walls, ceilings, or floors. Powered by a 1.5V AAA battery, the Sound Grabber II includes a permanently attached cable with a 1/8" phone plug. The microphone's unbalanced output connects directly to a miniature cassette recorder. A 1/4" phone-plug adapter is provided.
The Crown Sound Grabber II is an updated version of the original Sound Grabber. It utilizes the same Pressure Zone Microphone technology in which sound waves reinforce themselves in the area nearest a flat surface, usually referred to as the "boundary."
Top recording engineers all over the world are using professional versions of the Crown PZM (Pressure Zone Microphone) to improve the quality of their recordings. The Sound Grabber II is one version of that technology, designed to meet the needs of the home or business recordist and bring the benefits of PZM technology within the reach of many more people. Because of this new technology, Sound Grabber II offers you the opportunity for vast improvement in the quality of your recordings.
The Sound Grabber II will pick up sounds at distances you never thought possible with a clarity that other microphones, simply cannot match, due to the limitations of their construction. The Sound Grabber II does not need to follow the action, since it has a wide-angle pickup pattern. So long as the mic "sees" the sound, in whatever direction or angle, it will pick it up clearly; it does not need to be between you and the other person. Speakers or vocalists can move freely around the Sound Grabber II without their tone quality changing due to the effects of comb filtering. (Comb filtering is the arbitrary cancelling or reinforcement of frequencies due to physical qualities of the environment in regard to placement of the mic in the space.)
Tip: Two PZM mics back to back make a great stereo pair.
- PZM design makes the sound clearer and more natural
- Ideal for recording conferences, interviews, home videos
- AAA battery powered
- Medium-impedance unbalanced output
- 1/4" phone, 3.5mm phone, or 2.5 mm phone connector
Say goodbye to comb filtering. Get clean, natural, recordings the professional way with Sound Grabber II PZM miking. Order today!
- Transducer: Electret condenser
- Frequency response (typical): 50Hz to 16kHz
- Polar pattern: Hemispherical (half-omni) on a large
- Impedance: 1,600 ohm, unbalanced; recommended minimum load impedance 10,000 ohm
- Open-circuit Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-54 dBV/Pa)
- Power sensitivity: -42 dBm
- Equivalent noise level (self noise): 21 dB SPL typical,
- A-weighted (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2)
- S/N ratio: 73 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% distortion
- Cable: 10' with mini phone plug, 1/4" phone plug and micro phone plug adapters
- Power: One 1.5V AAA alkaline battery
- Battery life: Approximately 45 days
- Current drain: 0.5 mA
- Materials: High-impact plastic housing.
- Finish: Satin black
- Weight: 4 oz. (115 grams)
- Included accessories: 1.5V AAA battery, 1/4" phone plug adaptor, 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm adaptor
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.