- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
SB122 12" 400W Passive Subwoofer
Condition 2 - Blemished Black 190839754899
- 580079 005001004 580079005001004
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With the Electro-Voice SB122, the quest for a compact, lightweight, powerful, and affordable subwoofer is finally over. The SB122 is possibly the sma...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Very compact and lightweight... yet deceptively powerful.
With the Electro-Voice SB122, the quest for a compact, lightweight, powerful, and affordable subwoofer is finally over. The SB122 is possibly the smallest, most powerful subwoofer on the planet. It packs 400-watt continuous-and 1,600-watt peak--power handling into a compact 33 lb. package. It also employs the new EVS12SB 12", long-excursion woofer for outstanding low-frequency response.
Aesthetically, the SB122 sports a half-face grille with grille cloth, and a stylized EV logo. The rich feature set includes a top-mounted pole cup, ergonomic carrying handle, large port, and a built-in low-pass filter that eliminates the need for external processing. Of course, external processing is still an option for professionals seeking greater overall system performance gains. And, with a price that makes it all seem too good to be true, SB122 is sure to make you rethink what a compact sub can be.
The Electro-Voice SB122 bass module is a very compact, lightweight subwoofer system that is designed to add bass enhancement to EV Sx and Zx Series speaker systems. The SB122 combines the advantages of a long-throw 12" woofer with a strong, lightweight composite enclosure. The large vent provides less vent compression and turbulence for increased low frequency output. The EVS12SB cast frame transducer created for the SB122 uses the same motor and suspension design as the EVS18S used in EV's larger systems. With nearly 2" of peak-to-peak excursion capability, this is literally a 12" with the heart of an 18".
An integral low-pass filter allows the SB122 to be directly connected in parallel with a full-range speaker for truly impressive low-end output without the need for an additional amplifier and processor. The filter is transparent below 160Hz, allowing the SB122 to be used as an independent subwoofer in bi-amp applications without the need to disable the internal filter. For maximum output in bi-amp applications and protection of the full-range system when running in parallel, a 40Hz Hi-pass (subsonic) filter is recommended. The SB122 features a convenient pole-mount socket on top of the enclosure to allow a small full-range speaker such as the Zx1 or Sx80 to be mounted on the optional ASP-1 accessory pole, resulting in a compact system than sounds much bigger than it looks.
- Only 33 lb./15.0 kg
- Integral handle
- 400-watt continuous, 1,600-watt peak power handling
- Parallel Neutrik Speakon high current input connectors
- Cast frame EVS12SB 12" high excursion subwoofer driver
- Integral low-pass filter”No additional amplifier or processor needed
Add booming low end with the compact SB122 sub.
- Sensitivity 1W/1m: 99 dB
- Max. SPL / 1m (calc): 131 dB
- System Power Handling (continuous/program/peak): 400/800/1600 Watts
- LF Transducer: EVS12SB
- Color: Black
- Flying: Optional
- Input Connections: Parallel Neutrik NL4
- Chassis Size: 12"
- Internal Crossover: Yes
- Speaker Type: Subs
- Weight Net: 33.07 lb (15 kg)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 23.07" x 16.89" x 12.28" (586 x 429 x 312 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.