- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MA-300 Large-Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Tube Condenser Mic
Condition 1 - Mint
- Write a Review
- #H72439 004000000 H72439004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MA-300 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the M...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best-loved classic condenser microphones.
The MA-300 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300 adds a continuously variable pickup pattern selector, 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off. The MA-300 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing hand-selected, double diaphragm 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-300 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The MA-300 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-300 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron double diaphragm capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- Includes an aluminum case, AC power supply and cable, 16-foot microphone cable with 5-pin male and female connectors, and shock mount
- Recommended applications:
- Use anywhere you would use an expensive, large diaphragm tube microphone.
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
Order a mic that will delivers years of superb performance.
- Transducer type: externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm thickness : 3-microns
- Polar response: continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-eight.
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, ±3 dB at "flat" setting of bass cut switch. Bass cut switch provides 6 dB per octave attenuation below 100 hertz in "cut" setting
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1v/pa
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- Distortion: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL, < 3% @ 125 dB SPL with pad off, < 1% @ 132 dB SPL, < 3% @ 140 dB SPL with pad on
- Self-noise: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (a weighted)
- Pad: 15 dB
- Bass cut: 6 dB per octave below 100 hertz.
- Dimensions and weight: carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables: 13 lb.Microphone: 7 5/8" x 2", 1 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.