- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
8A Thunderbolt / USB3 / AVB Ethernet audio interface with DSP and mixing
Condition 1 - Mint
- J48719 004000000 J48719004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Equipped with the renowned ESS Sabre32TM DAC technology, the 8A delivers the same superb analog audio quality and proven, award-winning performance a...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) ThunderboltTM / USB3 / AVB Ethernet audio interface with DSP and mixing.
Equipped with the renowned ESS Sabre32TM DAC technology, the 8A delivers the same superb analog audio quality and proven, award-winning performance as MOTU's flagship 16A audio interface, giving you everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit/192 kHz digital audio workstation.
The 8A connects to any computer or iPadTM with ThunderboltTM, super-speed USB 3.0, AVB Ethernet or USB class-compliant firmware. New optimized MOTU drivers work with all your favorite audio apps, delivering industry-leading, ultra-low round- trip latency (RTL) performance as low as 1.6 ms at 96 kHz over Thunderbolt with high-performance DAW hosts.
Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the 8A provides eight channels of pristine analog I/O and a front panel headphone jack, combined with eight channels of ADAT optical digital I/O, for a total of 34 simultaneous audio channels.
Connect all of your studio gear, including synths, keyboards, drum machines and effects processors. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Extensive routing features let you patch ins to outs, or split inputs to multiple destinations. Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating-point effects processing. Add Classic ReverbTM with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: ￼ a conventional compressor and the LevelerTM, ￼ an accurate model of the legendary LA-2ATM optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
After recording and mixing in the studio, unplug the 8A from the computer and take it on stage for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. Control everything over Wi-Fi from your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smartphone. From studio to stage, the 8A delivers exceptional sound quality, state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance.
- Superb analog audio quality and high-end converters — Renowned ESS Sabre32TM DAC technology delivers 123 dB dynamic range and the same proven, award- winning audio quality as MOTU's flagship 16A.
- Ultra-low latency and proven, high-performance MOTU drivers — round-trip latency (RTL) performance as low as 1.6ms at 96kHz over ThunderboltTM with high- performance DAW hosts.
- Mobile operation and universal connectivity — Connects to your computer or iPadTM with Thunderbolt, super-speed USB 3.0 or AVB Ethernet. Class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio apps.
- 34 simultaneous audio channels — 8 x 8 balanced analog with dedicated main outs, 8-channel ADAT optical and independent phone out for 16 inputs and 18 outputs.
- DSP mixing and effects processing — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 group sends, access to 64 network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate and compression.
- Universal control from any device — Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet and smartphone connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
MOTU delivers again with the 8A. Order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.