Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Open-Box Neumann KMS 104 Handheld Vocal Condenser Microphone Condition 1 - Mint Nickeltrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Open-Box Neumann KMS 104 Handheld Vocal Condenser Microphone Condition 1 - Mint Nickel$615.12
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Premium condensor for the stage.
The high acoustic resolution and smooth frequency response of the microphones ensure that the musician has optimal control of the stage performance at all times. Especially due to their low self-noise and crosstalk behavior which is free of coloration, the KMS microphones are ideal for use with in-ear monitoring systems.
The KMS 104 has a condenser microphone capsule with a cardioid directional characteristic which provides the best possible suppression of sounds originating from behind the microphone. In close cooperation with professional musicians, with the aid of extensive practical tests, the KMS 104 plus has been especially optimized for the requirements of female voices in the rock and pop field.
The user can thus select the version that is optimally suited to the specific application.
The studio condenser capsules used in the microphone versions provide the basis for transmitting all the nuances of the human voice. In comparison with other handheld microphones, which operate mostly with dynamic capsules, the KMS series has a particularly high acoustic transparency, a wide frequency range and a fine resolution of transients.
In KMS microphones, carefully adjusted acoustic filters and transformerless impedance converters that can handle very high sound pressure levels prevent the microphones from being overloaded even by strong plosive sounds.
In spite of excellent pop protection, sibilants and "S" sounds are transmitted with their natural accentuation, as is possible only with condenser microphones. Furthermore, the above-mentioned acoustic filters are designed so that the distinctive directional characteristics of the capsules are preserved even in the bass range. The filters thus ensure a very high level of feedback protection for the KMS 104/104 plus and KMS 105 vocal microphones when they are used with a stage sound system.
Since vocal microphones are typically addressed at close range, for the bass frequency response of the microphones, electronic compensation is used for the proximity effect in the respective capsules.
In addition, the microphone has an invariable, built-in high-pass filter with a cutoff frequency of 120 Hz (-3 dB, measured in a free sound field). The dynamic range of the KMS microphones is 132 dB, and the maximum sound pressure level is 150 dB.
The low self-noise level of only 18 dB A permits the microphones to be used at high gain levels without the risk of additional noise. Even at large distances, the microphones thus operate with a high signal-to-noise ratio, facilitating the freedom of movement and creativity that are important to the artist.
Due to the transformerless output circuit, the microphone signals can be transmitted even through long cables without loss of sound.
Microphones designed for use on stage require a particularly robust construction. The KMS 104/104 plus and KMS 105 therefore have thick-walled metal housings, which also provide effective protection against handling noise.
The microphone headgrilles are made of hardened steel. If required, they can easily be unscrewed to permit cleaning of the interior acoustic filters.
The KMS 104 microphone, with a matching stand clamp, is supplied in an attractive padded nylon bag that is sufficiently durable for touring.
- Neumann sound on stage
- Excellent transparency for vocals/speech
- Cardioid/Supercardioid polar pattern with excellent feedback rejection
- Without off-axis coloration
- Transformerless output
- Effective pop shielding without any side effects
- Set includes stand clamp
When you are ready for the very best, your are ready for Neumann. Order today.
KMS 104 Handheld Vocal Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid/cardioid/supercardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 4.5 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 28 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 18 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 66 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 150 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 12 dBu
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted): 132 dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 1938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 1938): 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 11oz
- Diameter: 1.88"
- Length: 7.08"
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.