- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Dicer DJ Cue Point and Looping Controller
Condition 1 - Mint
- H03788 004000000 H03788004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Serato Scratch Live has a new partner: The Novation Dicer. Developed with Serato, this palm-sized cue point and looping controller has been designed ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Fits on your turntable, CDJ, mixer, or laptop for convenient hot cue, loop roll, and auto loop control.
Serato Scratch Live has a new partner: The Novation Dicer. Developed with Serato, this palm-sized cue point and looping controller has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer, or laptop. Dicer always ships in pairs-one for each side.
So what does it do?
Plug Dicer in, slot it on your turntable/CDJ, and you can instantly set cue points and use them to trigger Hot Cues. Or, flip Dicer into Auto Loop or Loop Roll modes to trigger loops, or roll sections of the track to create climaxes, drops, and glitchy breaks. Each mode illuminates Dicer's pads a different color, so you can instantly see what mode the pad is in, which is extremely advantageous in the usual dark clubs and venues.
The forthcoming Scratch Live 2.1 update will automatically map the Dicer to these functions and provide full LED feedback-red for Hot Cues, green for Loop Roll, and amber for Auto-Loop. Dicer can control all cue-point and looping functions in the current version of Serato Scratch Live 2.0. This requires you to simply learn cue-point and looping to Dicer's pads, using Scratch Live's MIDI-learn function. The public beta of Scratch Live 2.1 is available now.
Dicer's buttons can also learn other software functions. You can assign different FX to the pads, trigger samples over the top of your mix, or even browse tracks in your iTunes library.
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden-DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
- Micro USB 1.1 connector; the most robust and compact USB connection
- Kensington lock space
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting pairs
- Fully integrated operation with Serato Scratch Live requires version 2.1 or higher
- Outside of Serato Scratch Live, Dicer operates as a standard MIDI device. For some DJ software, setup files will be required and are available to download
- Single unboxed unit (Dicer always comes as a pair):
- W & D = 90mm/3.5"; H = 13mm/0.5"
- Weight: 72g/0.16 lb.
- NOTE: This measurement accounts for one Dicer only. Height includes rubber feet/excludes adapter
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.